I install step by step got error messge atfer running the install

url = http://showmee.com

Media encoder  3

windows 2003 server

sharepoint 2007

Please help

Dec 22, 2009 at 2:57 AM

Hi

Go to %systemDrive%\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\virtualdirectories and open folder having name same as port of your site.

the nsearch for "CallStack" and change its value to true

Then Search for <CustomErrors and change value of the mode attribute to Off and then refresh the site you will get stack trace.

Please post that stack trace so that any one aware of that error can help you out.

From description you have provided no one can understand what or when something got wrong.

Jeff

Dec 28, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Hey Jeff, thanks for responding. On the way to debugging this issue I felt it was worth my efforts to wipe the whole development box and do a clean install. I actually ended up doing a registry clean as well just for the hek of it since I heard Sharepoint uninstalls and also this particular code(Podcastkit) leaves behind a lot of files on the uninstall/retract

I reinstalled, step through the install doc and things came up fine but I having another problem with the links in the "/Pages/podcastdetail.aspx". I have some javascript erros popping up(EncoderAddThumbnailToQue and others)???

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:58 AM

Hey Cbankx,

you can try one thing give contribute access to NT Autjority Users on MEdia encoder queue, and read permission on USer information list.

Hope this helps.

-Jeff

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Thanks for the response Jeff,

After several installs(even cleaned the registry) I have a running install but now haivng problem with Ratings not working and the Silverlight controls don't work(I press play nothing happens. I can see the movie thumbnail but the movie won't stream. 

Chico

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Can you make sure that the following entry is present in web.config file in httpHandler section.

<add path="*.Ratings/*,*.Ratings/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*/*/*" type="Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.HttpHandler,Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6" verb="*" />

Also you can try clicking on the "Video not playing? Make it compatible with Silverlight" button and check if the video plays in the silverlight player. If the video still doesnt play then you can check the encoder.log file to see if any errors are logged.

Hope this helps.