Podcastdetails page no player visible

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:59 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Any ideas why the player does not show up in the podcastdetails.aspx page?

The Duration and other information shows but no videoplayer. I am using the August 2009 release.

I know the troubleshooting guide say check "

Make sure that CsId field contains value for that item

What does this mean?

Also noticed the Pdocast Files column does contain the dropdown to tell the column to use Silverlight.

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I'm having same issue but I'm not getting any duration info.  I'm hoping we can help eachother.  First, what OS are you running and which encoder?   I'm on Win2008 r2 which I suspect is causing all sorts of issues due to heightened security settings and originally using Encoder 3.  I've now uninstalled encoder 3 and installed encoder 2 with the correct service. 

For you, the csId field is a column in the PKS Podcasts list, but you have to either create a new view for the list or add it the default view to see it. 

For me, my symptoms are No Player, No Duration code info, no csId value set.  I'm ready to wave the red flag and try this on a simpler platform as I was being a bit bold and trying it on Win 2008 R2 x64 platform.  I think this was too ambitious and I need to switch back to Win2k3 x86 and SQL 2005.   

Dec 15, 2009 at 12:06 AM

I reverted back to installing the podcasting kit on a simple win2k3 box and didn't encounter any issues.  I opted to try plain vanilla install with win2k3, sql server 2008, and Encoder 2.  All worked fine.  I suspect and won't doubt there are several new security items in Win2008 R2 that need tweeking.

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:29 AM

Hi

I have deployed PKS on both Windows server 2008 RTM and Windows server 2008 R2 RTM.

For PKS to work on Windows server 2008 RTM and Windows server 2008 R2 RTM always be sure that Application pool identity should be used to configure media encoder service, also identity should have full contol on upload location and media encoder service, you can achive this by making the application pool identity account an administrator on the box or give permissions to the specific folders.

Please check Also all configurations for media encoder service and make sure that you are using right media encoder service, sperate services are provided for EE3 and EE2.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Dec 17, 2009 at 12:11 AM

jefflol,

Thanks for that info.  I have to admit that the service accounts I created on the attempted Win2008 R2 install were more production minded and not as loose as my Win2K3 system that I got working without a problem.  I was initially trying to avoid making all my moss service accounts a local machine admin.

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Jim

This step is necessary because file upload and and service outputs are placed on machine so that account should have admin access on machine otherwise entire system fails.

You can try this and let us know results. If it works then other people facing issue like you, can use this solution.

Also you can refer "http://pks.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=78236" for UAC part which you may require while testing.

Jeff