This project is read-only.

Permissions and User Links

Dec 2, 2009 at 3:07 PM

We are now running the July release, and are VERY happy with PKS in general -- thank all for your work and support!

One thing that seems lacking is permissioning.  In our business environment, security is an unavoidable concern.  I realize we could address permissions at the item level within the PKS Podcasts List, but would love to be able to set SERIES permissions, using Sharepoint groups.  Is this possible?

The other item that suprised me was that there is no link between "Podcaster Details" and that person's User Profile (the one that comes up when you drill down for personal info from any standard SP area).

If this capability is out there, please let me know.

Thanks!

Bobby

Dec 2, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Hi BDutton, for #1 you should be able to create new PKS Podcast Lists and assign permissions on them (versus applying permissions at the item level, which isn't recommended). Each podcast list will have its own upload page.

For #2 I think you can change this default behavior. The extra user fields have been created to allow "on behalf" profile management, this useful if you need to upload and edit a profile on behalf of an executive for example.
If you're using http://my profiles you will need to synchonize the PKS profiles with those central ones and update the code in some places to use the out of the box fields.