This project is read-only.

Unable to display this Web Part Error

Nov 27, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Hi,

I have installed the PKS as per the instructions. After I do the configuration for the master page (page 9 in the instructions) and set the Welcome page to be Pages/pkshomepage.aspx, when I try to go that page I get errors all over which say:

Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.
These errors appear on the "Pages/pkshomepage.aspx" page.
In Sharepoint Designer when I open it to see the actual error it says:
This Web Part does not have a valid XSLT stylesheet: There is no XSL property available for presenting the data
Did anyone else have the same problem or can help me out with this?
Thank You in advance,
Alex
Nov 27, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I received the exact same error. Can someone help?

Thanks.

hyeung

Nov 30, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Alex, Hyeung,

It seems that your PKS installation was not successful. Can you verify the ssm.log file if it has any installation errors logged in it?

It would be good idea to try to uninstall the PKS and install it again.

Hope this helps.

-Parag

Nov 30, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Hi Parag,

I have check the ssm.log file for errors. I am getting some errors when it tries to add the solutions, but this is because I have installed the PKS before and I think they are already in GAC. When I check SP Central Administartion and look at the solution management I can see that podcastingkitforsharepoint.wsp and podcastingkitforsharepointuserinterface.wsp are deployed. I tried retracting and redeploying and get the same error. Also my installations is at the level http://<appname>/PKS.

The following is the ssm.log file:

Installing ISContentQueryWebparts.cab...
Error[AddSolution]:  A solution with the same name "iscontentquerywebparts.cab" or id "80181ea8-f849-4699-b9a5-5813be86ef10" already exists in the solution store.
StackTrace:
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolution.AddLanguagePack(SPSolutionPackage solnPackage, String path, UInt32 lcid)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionCollection.Add(String path, UInt32 lcid)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionCollection.Add(String path)
   at SharePointSolutionManager.PackageManager.AddSolution(String filename)
Installing DownloadTracking.cab...
Error[AddSolution]:  A solution with the same name "downloadtracking.cab" or id "6a3eb5f3-3caa-42d5-af70-9c7fc5059ccf" already exists in the solution store.
StackTrace:
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolution.AddLanguagePack(SPSolutionPackage solnPackage, String path, UInt32 lcid)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionCollection.Add(String path, UInt32 lcid)
Installing Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Administration.cab...
Error[AddSolution]:  A solution with the same name "microsoft.msit.ratings.administration.cab" or id "db840bd0-7f3c-4fc8-b2d1-876f35fc147e" already exists in the solution store.
StackTrace:
Installing Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.cab...
Error[AddSolution]:  A solution with the same name "microsoft.msit.ratings.web.cab" or id "d9fbb956-4216-443a-aa1f-63e2dd24849b" already exists in the solution store.
StackTrace:
Installing NetworkFileStore.cab...
Error[AddSolution]:  A solution with the same name "networkfilestore.cab" or id "2739dea1-3ace-4eaa-838a-6841fb8e3849" already exists in the solution store.
StackTrace:
Installing Silverlight.cab...
Error[AddSolution]:  A solution with the same name "silverlight.cab" or id "0b0c4d24-586b-444a-8446-30f9d32bf6d5" already exists in the solution store.
StackTrace:
Installing SharePointTagging.cab...
Error[AddSolution]:  A solution with the same name "sharepointtagging.cab" or id "1f693b5d-87cb-4509-83e7-8681e7b032a3" already exists in the solution store.
StackTrace:
Installing PodcastingKitForSharePoint.wsp...
Error[AddSolution]:  A solution with the same name "podcastingkitforsharepoint.wsp" or id "d269db11-e38a-4658-bbfc-bf596a35bb7c" already exists in the solution store.
StackTrace:
Installing PodcastingKitForSharePointUserInterface.wsp...
Error[AddSolution]:  A solution with the same name "podcastingkitforsharepointuserinterface.wsp" or id "4310b40a-b748-4ed0-93c8-eb48911d624a" already exists in the solution store.
StackTrace:
Activating ISContentQueryWebparts...
Activating DownloadTrackerFarm...
Activating DownloadTrackerWebApp...
Error[ActivateWebAppFeature]: Feature 'DownloadTrackerFeatureReceiverWebApp' (ID: a8f92247-baf0-4f8f-9fad-4464fe76f92a) is already activated at scope 'http://tdsbwwwdevint2/'.
StackTrace:
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPAdminFeatureCollection.Add(Guid featid, SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternal(Guid featureId, SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, Boolean force, Boolean fMarkOnly)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.Add(Guid featureId)
   at SharePointSolutionManager.PackageManager.ActivateWebAppFeature(Guid feature, SPWebApplication webapp)
Activating DownloadTrackerSiteCollection...
Activating DownloadTrackerWeb...
Error[ActivateWebFeature]: Feature 'DownloadTrackerFeatureReceiverWeb' (ID: 7c73d846-ff09-47ab-a565-d88d6ab585e7) is already activated at scope 'http://tdsbwwwdevint2/pks'.
StackTrace:
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternal(Guid featureId, SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, Boolean force, Boolean fMarkOnly)
   at SharePointSolutionManager.PackageManager.ActivateWebFeature(Guid feature, SPWeb web)
Activating SharePointTagging...
Activating Network File Store...
Activating ContentRatingFeatureFarm...
Activating ContentRatingFeatureWebApplication...
Error[ActivateWebAppFeature]: Feature 'ContentRatingFeatureWebApp' (ID: 7a76fa4b-4cc5-410a-99e0-43c9de911ba1) is already activated at scope 'http://tdsbwwwdevint2/'.
StackTrace:
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPAdminFeatureCollection.Add(Guid featid, SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, Boolean fForce)
   at SharePointSolutionManager.PackageManager.ActivateWebAppFeature(Guid feature, SPWebApplication webapp)
Activating Ratings Control...
Activating RatingsModification...
Activating PKS.SiteColumns...
Activating PKS.PodcastContentType...
Activating PKS.PodcastList...
Activating PKS.PodcastComment...
Activating PKS.MediaEncoderMonitorLocations...
Activating PKS.SeriesContentType...
Activating PKS.SeriesList...
Activating PKS.EncoderQueueList...
Activating PKS.UserInterface...
Activating PKS.SubSitePages...
Activating PKS.MediaEncoderAutoEncode...
Activating PKS.PodcastListActivationHandler...
Activating PKS.XmlNavigation...
Adding web.config keys...

Thanks,

Alex

Dec 1, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Hi Alex,

From your details it seems that you are installing PKS on a sub-site.

I would suggest you that you cleanup the exisiting installation by running the uninstall command: ssm.exe uninstall PKSFull.xml http://<appname>

This will remove all the installed components. Once this is done, you re-install the PKS using the command :ssm.exe install PKSFull.xml http://<appname>

This will install the PKS on the root site. Now to configure PKS on your sub-site http://<appname>/PKS, please refer the "Installation and Configuration Guide for PKS on Sub Site.docx" guide which is part of the Documentation.

Hope this helps.

-Parag