Multiple subsites with PKS

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:34 PM

So I deployed PKS as a root site and then deployed another PKS site as a subsite to the root site.  I want to deploy another subsite to the root site with PKS.  When I go to activate the features on the subsite I get two errors.  The first is with the PKS Pages feature.  When I try to activate it I get the error:  "A file specified in the modules section of this template already exists."

Second, when I try to activate the PKS Series List feature I get the error:  "The specified name is already in use.  A list, survey, discussion board, or document library cannot have the same name as another list, survey, discussion board, or document library in this Web site.  Use your browser's Back button, and type a new name."

Not sure how to deal with the first error at all.  With the second, do I really need this feature or can I just create my own Series list and be good?

Thanks for any help.

Adam

Nov 30, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Hi Adam,

You need to create another sub site and on this sub site first activate the “PKS Series List" feature and then activate the “PKS Pages” feature.

OR follow the order mentioned below which documented in the Install Guide for subsite document.

Activate features PKS Series List, PKS Xml Navigation, PKS Pages, PKS Podcast List , PKS Podcast Comment List and PKS Podcast List Update Handler

-Parag