Playing Audio Files in Silverlight

Sep 27, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Hi

I have installed the August release and have everything running nicely, I even have the auto encoding working and can upload files the have them converted. The only issue I have is that if I upload a mp3 file as an audio file on the upload page, the encoder converts it to wmv and then the silverlight player can not find it to play it as it is looking for an audio file; however, if I upload it as a video file then it still converts to a wmv file and can play no problems. Issue is users will upload as audio files as they should and confusion will arise. Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards 

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Hi,

I had this exact same problem and JeffLol helped me out with this one. Basically its a problem with the PKSAudioPlayer.xap silverlight control. If you download and install Expression encoder 3 from the microsoft downloads site, you can then copy out the MdiaplayerTemplate.xap file from the installation directory. You should then rename it to PKSAudioPlayer.xap and upload it over the top of \Style Library\Podcasting kit\SLPlayerskins\PKSAudioPlayer.xap.

This fixed it for me, though remember to publish a major version of it if you versioning switched on.

Dec 14, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Thanks for the post, this worked like a charm for me with the Aug 09 beta.