This project is read-only.

Web.Config Entries Missing

Aug 16, 2009 at 1:09 AM

We can't get the web.config mods.  - first indication was an error for 'asp:ScriptManager' just after applying the master

smm.log ----Adding web.config keys...
Error[WebConfig.Update]: A web configuration modification operation is already running.

I found a  blog/article that said to delete "timer job titled Windows SharePoint Services Web.Config Update which executes One Time and will have an N/A listed for the Web Application."

Ok, this is staging so I deleted it (if anyone know is this was really bad please let me know).  I modified the the PKSFULL.xml to only include the WebConfMods entires and ran the ssm.exe again with the updated file.  This time I did not get the error and it seemed to have ran (new time stamps on web.config files) but inspeciton of the web.config files it did not add any entires. 

I see no entires for PKS in the web.config.  the smm.log file simply has "Adding web.config keys..." - no entry after. 

Yes, this is a farm deployment - I found an article stating PKS is not for farms, but...  one problem with the farm install is the web.config entires.  The article name "Multi-server PKS Install (Part 1)" .  It list many web config edits but I don't believe it list them all.

Can someone help us with updating the web.config file with ALL the needed entries for the JULY release.  A listing of ALL the changes needed in readable format (I can see the PKS XML, but it is hard to read) would be ok

Thanks

Aug 19, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Hi,

Following are the entries that are required in the web.config file:

1. <SafeControls>

<SafeControl Assembly="Microsoft.InformationServices.CBQQueryOverride, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=73adf34eeb9b97e1" Namespace="Microsoft.InformationServices" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
      <SafeControl Assembly="Microsoft.InformationServices.CBQQueryOverride, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=73adf34eeb9b97e1" Namespace="Microsoft.InformationServices.ContentQueryProviders" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
      <SafeControl Assembly="Microsoft.InformationServices.CBQQueryOverride, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=73adf34eeb9b97e1" Namespace="Microsoft.InformationServices.ContentQueryFilterSort" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
      <SafeControl Assembly="Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Administration, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6" Namespace="Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Administration" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
      <SafeControl Assembly="Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6" Namespace="Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebParts" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
      <SafeControl Assembly="Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6" Namespace="Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
      <SafeControl Assembly="Microsoft.MSIT.NetworkFileStore, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6" Namespace="Microsoft.MSIT.NetworkFileStore" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
      <SafeControl Assembly="CKS.TagCloud, Version=1.0.0.1002, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8eed502053fc5489" Namespace="CKS.TagCloud" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />
      <SafeControl Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Namespace="System.Web.UI" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

2. <httpHandlers>

<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false" />
<add path="*.Ratings/*,*.Ratings/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*/*/*" type="Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.HttpHandler,Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6" verb="*" />

3. <httpModules>

<add name="DownloadTrackerHttpModule" type="Microsoft.MSIT.DownloadTracker.DownloadTrackerHttpModule, Microsoft.MSIT.DownloadTracker, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6" />

4. <pages>

<controls>
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.SilverlightControls" assembly="System.Web.Silverlight,Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
      </controls>

5. <appSettings>

<add key="FeedXsl2" value="/Style Library/Xsl Style Sheets/ZuneRss.xsl" />
    <add key="FeedXsl3" value="/Style Library/Xsl Style Sheets/PKSRss.xsl" />
    <add key="FeedXsl4" value="/Style Library/Xsl Style Sheets/iTunesRss.xsl" />

Hope this helps.

-Parag

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Very nice – all in one place – thank you