Embed video/audio

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Is there a way to easily embed a video for use in another page, like a blog?

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM

yes, you should find a set of transportable webparts in the latest July release.

Aug 13, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Thanks for the quick answer. I was thinking of something like you'd find on YouTube or SoapBox, where you can copy/paste an EMBED object into any web page.

Aug 20, 2009 at 4:37 PM

I am looking to create or tweak an existing webpart that would allow content editors to embed a video or audio podcast into a page. My first thought was to modify the "CBQ Query Override" webpart, which is used on the PodcastDetail.aspx page, to accomplish this. I found that modifying the CAML query within the webpart's editor and hard-coding the csId and itemId gives the desired result, but this isn't practical for an end-user.

I don't want to go down the path of creating something that already exists, so someone please stop me now if one of the 13 webparts in the latest July release already does this. Otherwise, I'm going to create a new webpart that does this in a user-friendly way (i.e. an attractive UI in the webpart editor dialog that presents the user with a selection of videos to choose).