This project is read-only.

Download Tracker still not updating

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I have installed the latest version (July 2009 Release) followed the instructions and am still unable to get the download to be written to the RatingStore Database.  I have read and re-read and double checked for any spelling errors or missed steps and cannot find any.  The RatingStore does get updated when a podcast is rated but the downloads component is still not working.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Configuration entries listed in the Download Tracker Configuration on central administration site.

DownloadTracker connectionString Data Source=CHSHDB01;Initial Catalog=RatingStore;Integrated Security=True
DownloadTracker OptOutFileExtensions .jpg,.gif

I have also verified that the application pool accounts are using accounts that are domain accounts with DBO access to the database.

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Is the following entry present in the <httpModules> section of your application's web.config:

<add name="DownloadTrackerHttpModule" type="Microsoft.MSIT.DownloadTracker.DownloadTrackerHttpModule, Microsoft.MSIT.DownloadTracker, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6" />

If it is not there in add it and then try again.

Hope this helps.

-Parag

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:51 PM

That was it I had commented it out because I was getting a web.config error on that line.  I uncommented it and it is working. 

Thanks Paragk good catch.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Hi,

I have installed the latest version (August 2009 Release) followed the instructions and am still unable to get the download to be written to the RatingStore Database, because of which download tracker is still showing the count as 0 but average rating count is working fine. 

Configuration entries listed in the Download Tracker Configuration List on central administration site.

DownloadTracker connectionString Data Source=Servername;Initial Catalog=RatingStore;Integrated Security=True
DownloadTracker OptOutFileExtensions .jpg,.gif

I have also verified that the application pool accounts are using accounts that are domain accounts with DBO access to the database.

also, I have change the settings in the web.config file

<httpModules>
<add name="DownloadTrackerHttpModule" type="Microsoft.MSIT.DownloadTracker.DownloadTrackerHttpModule, Microsoft.MSIT.DownloadTracker, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6" />

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

May 3, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Hi Jagatheesh,

I hope you have the correct DB servername in the connection string :).

If yes then ensure that the DownLoad Tracking is enabled for the list: 

1. In the Settings > List Settings for the PKS Podcasts list, click the Download Tracking link in the “Communication” section.
  2. Check Enable Download Tracking for this list and then Save & Exit.

If it is enabled then make sure that there is an entry for this list in “Download Tracker Lists Enabled” list.

Hope this helps.

-Parag

May 11, 2010 at 2:29 PM
Thanks Parag for the reply correct me if i am wrong i need to press devInstall.bat for installing downloadtracker on to the application
Jan 5, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Similar Problem

I have PKS installed on my SP farm, and for some reason it's a only available as a global deployment. i.e. it put the below entry on all the web.config files of web applications hosted in the farm. All though only PKS web app needs the download tracker the web.config entry is added to other app's which is not necessary. I tried to manually strip them away but each day they come back. I have an error generated on the download tracker every minute. Please see the error message below. Any solutions?

Download Tracker in config file

Event Viewer Error Message:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Download Tracker
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date:  1/5/2011
Time:  10:11:53 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: XX-XXXX-VCS05
Description:
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Cannot complete this action.

Please try again. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Cannot complete this action.

Please try again.
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.OpenWebInternal(String bstrUrl, Guid& pguidID, String& pbstrRequestAccessEmail, UInt32& pwebVersion, String& pbstrServerRelativeUrl, UInt32& pnLanguage, UInt32& pnLocale, String& pbstrDefaultTheme, String& pbstrDefaultThemeCSSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateCSSUrl, String& pbstrCustomizedCssFileList, String& pbstrCustomJSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateHeaderUrl, String& pbstrMasterUrl, String& pbstrCustomMasterUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoDescription, Object& pvarUser, Boolean& pvarIsAuditor, Int32& plSiteFlags)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.OpenWebInternal(String bstrUrl, Guid& pguidID, String& pbstrRequestAccessEmail, UInt32& pwebVersion, String& pbstrServerRelativeUrl, UInt32& pnLanguage, UInt32& pnLocale, String& pbstrDefaultTheme, String& pbstrDefaultThemeCSSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateCSSUrl, String& pbstrCustomizedCssFileList, String& pbstrCustomJSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateHeaderUrl, String& pbstrMasterUrl, String& pbstrCustomMasterUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoDescription, Object& pvarUser, Boolean& pvarIsAuditor, Int32& plSiteFlags)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.OpenWebInternal(String bstrUrl, Guid& pguidID, String& pbstrRequestAccessEmail, UInt32& pwebVersion, String& pbstrServerRelativeUrl, UInt32& pnLanguage, UInt32& pnLocale, String& pbstrDefaultTheme, String& pbstrDefaultThemeCSSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateCSSUrl, String& pbstrCustomizedCssFileList, String& pbstrCustomJSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateHeaderUrl, String& pbstrMasterUrl, String& pbstrCustomMasterUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoDescription, Object& pvarUser, Boolean& pvarIsAuditor, Int32& plSiteFlags)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.InitWebPublic()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.get_ID()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPContext.DefaultKey(HttpContext context, SPWeb web)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPContext.GetContext(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPContext.get_Current()
   at Microsoft.MSIT.DownloadTracker.DownloadTrackerHttpModule.httpApplication_EndRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.