This project is read-only.

Content Rating Config - Cannot Edit any of it!

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Hello All,  anyone any ideas on this one:

Following install instructions and am having problems with page 11 'PKS Rating and Commenting Skin,...'

When I go to the PKS site, I click 'Site Actions/View All Site Content'

This then displays all list and doc libraries. I then chose 'Content Rating Configuration Settings' and then 'Action/Edit in datasheet'.

This causes the page to display a white box where previously I could see all the settings and an hour glass just sits there within the

browser (which I end up having to kill). It does this behaviour even if I try any of the other lists.

Thanks all,

Steve

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Spotted it.

Changed the Master Page back to the default in both 'Site Master Page' and 'System Master Page'. After this I was then able to edit the fields. Went back

and changed them back to what the document says but when doing this I realised that previously I had not ticked 'Reset all sub sites..' on the 'Site Master Page'

but only on 'System Master Page'. Went back again to check the editing of the fields and indeed they are now fine even with the PKS master pages selected.

Thanks for reading this,

Steve

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:46 PM

A bit premature there. It seems that everytime I want to edit a list I will have to change the master pages back to the default ones. Again anyone any ideas?

Steve

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:36 AM

Hi cisswalk,

The problem is in order to edit in a Data Sheet view you must have MS Access......you can avoid this by changing the view in to "Äll Items".and then editing them one by one.