Local File Store Settings

Jun 19, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Windows Server 2008 EE

MOSS 2007 Std

April Beta

The Silverlight uploader has not worked well for me and I would like to use the HTTP upload method.   I located some information that explained where to find this setting but when I look at my Podcast List settings and try to change the column Podcast Files settings I do not have the additional fields (Local File Store Settings) as found in this screen shot: http://blogs.msdn.com/blogfiles/sharepoint/WindowsLiveWriter/HowDidTheyDoItPodcastingKitforSharePoint_D818/image_8.png

Any suggestion on how to enable access to these attributes?

Many thanks!

Jeremy

Jul 16, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Hi Jeremy,

The screen shot you found is a very old one as it is showning Local File Store configuration which is replaced by the Network File Store (NFS) few months back.

You can refer the  Installation and Configuration Guide for PKS.docx and on page 11 the guide you can find the steps to configure the PKS Podcast list to get the Upload Control.

Hope this helps.

-Parag

Jul 16, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Parag,

Thanks for replying.  I was trying to enable the HTTP upload method vs the Silverlight method.  I was unable to find the documentation regarding how to switch upload methods.

Can you please explain how to accomplish this or point me to the documentation?

Many Thanks,

Jeremy

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Hi Jeremy,

Unfrotunately the HTTP upload method is no longer supported in PKS.

Can you describe the problems that you are facing with the Silverlight upload method so that I can be of some help to you?

-Parag

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Parag,

The silverlight control is loaded but when users (XP w/ SP3 and IE6) try to add a file it just adds the name to the queue but does not actually upload the video.

If I am using my Vista system with IE8, the video uploads fine.

If I log onto a XP system it will not load the video ether, so I do not believe it is a permissions issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremy