Backup and restore

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:22 AM

Hi,

I have PKS installed on a root site inside a web application on port 80. I have three custom podcast lists and each contains numerous podcasts.

I now want to restore this data (all the lists and items inside) on a different web application. What would be the best approach for this?

Thanks,

Chetan

Jun 22, 2009 at 11:38 PM
Edited Jun 22, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Hi Chetan,

If you moving these to already existing PKS site,

1) Save the lists as the templates. If you save as template it holds all the event handlers information also.

2) Export it and Import it in new site and create the list template. Create you list using the imported template.

3) There are two columns(PodcastThumbnail, PodcastFiles) which holds the previous site url's, so need to change the column values by writing some custom code.

4) Moving the rating , download tracking information: You need to move the rating, download tracking information from rating store DB to your new DB.

5) Move the Thumb Nails, Videos: You need to move the associated thumbnails and movies to other server. In My dev machine the physical path for videos is

"c:\UploadFiles\eb43ac64-8807-4250-8349-4b1f5ddd7d0d\9286371c-564f-40b4-99bd-a2aceb00a6d3\" i.e "C\uploadFiles\WebGuid\ListGuid\

in your case move the folders associates to your lists.

6) Add the configurations in PKS configuration lists.

If you need any help please let me know.

Thanks,
Naresh
nbojja@sysgain.com  www.sysgain.com