Could I use PKS rating as a part of my rating system?

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Edited Jun 10, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Hello

I need to have my rating system in MOSS 2007. I do not want to have podcasts.

I'd want to use PKS rating as start point in my rating system. For instance, I can install RatingStore database, install Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web solutions, activate corresponding features and add necessary rating master pages. Something else?

How do you think is it a good idea or not? Is PKS enough immature to use it with my task? Is it possible to use only rating part witout using the whole kit?

Currently, I do not know which issues I can face with and I do not have a lot of time to investigate it and throw out if it is not appropriate.

If you know pros and cons of using the rating part from PKS or have any thoughts about the idea please share with me.

Thank you.

Jul 16, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Hi Anitpod,

Yes , you can use just the PKS Ratings system on your site. The things you mentioned are sufficient to bring Rating control on list / document library. If you want to have rating control on a separate page like on podcastdetail.aspx page, then you can study the PKSDetailItem.xsl and script file PKS-Script.js.

Hope this helps.

-Parag

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:21 AM

hi parag,

i want to use rating feature for site collection that allow anonymous. as it allow anonymous rating, there is no need to use database for storing rate (as data will be stored in list too)..

by using PKS rating feature, which part should i change to block data saving to database?

thanks.