This project is read-only.

podcastdetails.aspx configuration settings

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:18 PM

when we click on the imageof the video file in Podcasts we are directed to PodcastDetail.aspx page. As soon as the page starts loading we are getting th error "Unable to retrive configuration setting".

we could not find the PodcastDetail.aspx configuration settings information.

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Missed point:

Also when we click "Ok" on the warning message, the video starts playing properly.

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:29 PM
Edited Jun 4, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Hi, I am having the exact same problem.

May I also add that, although the video plays after clicking "OK", the rating/comment component is missing from the PodcastDetail.aspx page?

I also went into Event Viewer, and this is what I see:

Unable to retrieve configuration settings. Error msg: The given key was not present in the dictionary. Stack trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.EntityConfigs.GetConfigurationXml(String configurationName, String webId)

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.EntityConfigs.GetConfigXml(String configurationId, Boolean isListId)

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.EntityConfigs.ProcessGetRequest()

Does anybody have a solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

Jun 15, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Here's how we fixed this and hope it helps you:

In the Content Rating Store Configuration Settings in Central Admin, change the Key ConfigCacheTimeout to all lower case configcachetimeout

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:33 AM

i do not have any key like "ConfigCacheTimeout" in Content Rating Store Configuration Settings in Central Admin. i have only connectionString key. if we have to replace this key with the key you have said what should be the Value for that key.

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:41 PM

For the Content Rating Store Configuration Settings we have four entries with the columns ConfigurationName, Key, Value, respectively:

Store
connectionString
Data Source=SERVERNAME;;Initial Catalog=RatingStore;Integrated Security=SSPI;
Store
LobUserProvider
Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.DefaultLobUserIdProvider; Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6
Store
configcachetimeout
UserPropertyProvider
User Property Provider
Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.PropertyProviders.UserInfoListPropertyProvider; Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.PropertyProviders, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6
Jun 17, 2009 at 3:03 PM
Edited Jun 17, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Recently installed and attempted to configure PKS April Beta however we are also seeing the error --> "Unable to retrieve configuration setting".

Corresponding error in the event log as folllows:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SPP Ratings
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date:  6/17/2009
Time:  8:45:00 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: servername

Description:
Unable to retrieve configuration settings. Error msg: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key  Stack trace:    at System.Web.Caching.CacheKey..ctor(String key, Boolean isPublic)
   at System.Web.Caching.CacheInternal.DoGet(Boolean isPublic, String key, CacheGetOptions getOptions)
   at System.Web.Caching.Cache.get_Item(String key)
   at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.EntityConfigs.GetConfigurationXml(String configurationName, String webId)
   at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.EntityConfigs.GetConfigXml(String configurationId, Boolean isListId)
   at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.EntityConfigs.ProcessGetRequest()

Receive the error when accessing "list for the media encoder service to store configuration values" using following URL --> http://podcastsite.domain.edu/Lists/PKS%20MediaEncoder%20Monitor%20Locations/AllItems.aspx or  "PKS Podcasts"  http://podcastsite.domain.edu/PKS%20Podcasts/AllItems.aspx 

As suggested in this thread -  Verified the configcachetimeout is lower case

Also tried the following suggestions from paragk http://pks.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=57532

"Also ensure that the following are configured on your site:
1. The following entry is present under the HttpHandler section of the web.config(of PKS Site):
<add path="*.Ratings/*,*.Ratings/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*/*/*" type="Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.HttpHandler,Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web, Version=1.0.0.0,  Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6" verb="*" />
2. Go to Central Administration > Operations > Manage Farm Features and activate the ContentRatingFeatureFarm in case it is not activated.
3. Click “View All Site Content” on the top of the left hand menu
4. Open the “Content Rating Store Configuration Settings” list
5. Edit the connectionString key and update the Data Source entry to point to your SQL Server installation ( if database  servername is not provided)
 a. Example: Data Source=<database-servername>;Initial Catalog=RatingStore;Integrated Security=SSPI;"

My question is where specifically is the site or page looking for the site configuration setting?

Another question - I disabled  "Enable Ratings for this list" within the configure list ratings which resolved the generation of error "Unable to retrieve configuration setting".  Clearly though we would want to use the ratings for this list any ideas on how to troubleshoot this further?

Jun 23, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Hi All,

I also got this problem, this is because of improper DataBase permissions. As it dont have permissions on RatingStore DB, it is not able to display rating, comments section. so try to check the permissions for Application pool identity on RatingStore DB.

Thanks,

Naresh
nbojja@sysgain.com www.sysgain.com