This project is read-only.

home page empty

May 27, 2009 at 3:45 PM

My home page (pkshomepage.aspx) is not displaying the video that I've uploaded.

I've confirmed that the csid and duration were generated. The tag cloud web part correctly displays the tags. The mobile home page (pksmobilehome.aspx) does display the thumbnail, title, publish date, etc. But the home page (pkshomepage.aspx) does not diplay the thumbnail (or anything else for the video).  After a little spelunking with the xsl, I can confirm that the query on the home page is not returning results.

Anyone have any insight on what's going on?

Thanks,

Mike

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:42 AM
Edited Jun 16, 2009 at 1:42 AM

We had similar issues, and after much troubleshooting, found that the webpart query was erroring out on the "Rating" field.  Turned out the problem was related to features/list configurations.  Be sure you've followed these steps:

1.       Go to Central Administration > Operations > Manage Farm Features

2.       Activate the ContentRatingFeatureFarm  and Download Tracker Configuration List  feature

The podcast list created during the installation, “PKS Podcasts”, needs to have the Rating component enabled, the column “Podcast Files” configured and the appropriate edit permission set.

1.       In the Settings > List Settings for the PKS Podcasts list, click the Ratings link in the “Communication” section.

2.       Check Enable Rating for this List and then Save & Exit.

3.       In the Settings > List Settings for the PKS Podcasts list, click the Download Tracking link in the “Communication” section.

4.        Check Enable Download Tracking for this list and then Save & Exit.