Podcastdetail.aspx error

May 22, 2009 at 4:44 PM

after i upload with success a video.i have a problem in the podcastdetail.aspx exactly in the podcasts web part.there is no silverlight in the page!the message is  " This query has returned no items. To configure the query for this Web Part, open the tool pane." When i try to modify the shared web part i can see "Some properties in this Web Part are not available because they are configured to have fixed values". 

Can some one help me please!!

Thanks

Jul 14, 2010 at 7:30 PM
I'm experiencing this same exact issue. Were you able to find a resolution to it?
Jul 15, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Where did you install it? Root site or sub site?

Jul 15, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Root site.

Thanks,
Stacy L. Deere

To: Deere, Stacy L
Sent: Thu Jul 15 02:57:44 2010
Subject: Re: Podcastdetail.aspx error [pks:57200]

Where did you install it? Root site or sub site?

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
Jul 15, 2010 at 4:15 PM

This problem happens only if the CsId for the Item is not generated. To fix this issue, you can try the following steps: 

• Go to PKS Podcasts list.
  • Create a view having ID and CsId columns.
  • Now verify that the CsId for the problematic podcasts is having the same value as the podcasts for which the detail page is displaying properly.
  • If the CsID is blank then click on Action -> Edit in Datasheet and copy the correct value. It is in the format of %7b<web GUID>%7d%40%7b<list GUID>%7d
  • Now browse your podcast detail page. It should work.

When does the CsID not get generated:

Generally the CsID fails to get generated when a particular video file type is not supported OR the Media Encoder Service encounters any error while generating the thumbnail OR video codecs are not installed on the server.

Following are the checks that need to be performed to identify the issue:

1. Is Media Encoder Service is running?

If yes,   

•  
    •  
      • Check the Encoder.log  file for any errors encountered while generating the thumbnail.

2. Ensure that files uploaded are being uploaded to the correct folder.

Jul 15, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I just finished trying what you have suggested above and this is what I get....

1.  My CsID's are not present in the view but I'm not sure where to go find them to test.

2.  Checked in my upload folder and nothing is there and the error I get in my encoder.log is:

Setting up file system monitor...
[7/14/2010 9:04:05 AM] Error[LoadExternalStores]: No configuration values found

I verified all my settings and they are pointed to the correct areas and everything.

3.  When trying to play the video the web part is missing and when attempting to Generate Thumbnail, or Make it compatible i get a Error on Page on bottom left.

Line:2039     Char: 5     Error: 'length' is null or not an object     Code: 0     URL:  http://podcasting.company.com/Pages/PodcstDetail.aspx?...........................

4.  When I go to the PKS Podcasts list the first thing that pops up is a message box that says "Unable to retrieve configuration settings".  I select ok and the list appears.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks Stacy

Jul 16, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Hi Stacy,

Just noticed that you have posted another issue regarding the PKS Configuration Settings list not being present on your site. This indicates an incomplete install. I would suggest that you uninstall your corrent PKS and re-install it.

In case you have tried that already and your PKS Configuration Settings list is now created, then you can try the following for your issues mentioned above:

1. My CsID's are not present in the view but I'm not sure where to go find them to test.

a. Go to list Content Rating Configuration Settings

b. Check for the entry having value "/<Your PKS Library>/AllItems.aspx". It will be in the format of {wegGUID}@{ListGUID}

c. Now CsID for your Podacast will be %7bweb GUID%7d%40%7blist GUID%7d.

d. Go to the view having the ID and CsId columns.

e. Click on Action -> Edit in Datasheet, paste the above value.

2. Checked in my upload folder and nothing is there and the error I get in my encoder.log is:

I verified all my settings and they are pointed to the correct areas and everything.

To ensure that the files are getting uploaded to the Item ID folders, execute the following steps:

a. Go to IIS Manager

b. Go to layouts -> NetworkFileStore directory of the site where PKS is deployed

c. Delete the virtual directory named as UploadFolder

d. Now re-create the virtual directory named as UploadFolder and map it to the UplodFiles folder on the disk

e. Do an IISRESET.

f. Upload a video and test whether files are getting uploaded in the required Item ID folder.It should work.

3.  When trying to play the video the web part is missing and when attempting to Generate Thumbnail, or Make it compatible i get a Error on Page on bottom left.

Line:2039     Char: 5     Error: 'length' is null or not an object     Code: 0     URL:  http://podcasting.company.com/Pages/PodcstDetail.aspx?...........................

Since files are not getting uploaded in the Item ID folders, the Media Encoder Service is not able to do its job.

After doing above steps if you see any major error in encoder.log then verify the following configuration for Media Encoder Service :

A. Verify that C:\Program Files\PKS\Media Encoder Service\MediaEncoderService.exe.has proper values for

<add key="configWeb" value="http://<site name>" />

B. Verify that PKS Media Encoder Monitor Loactions list has proper entries as given in the deployment guide.

C. Also go to the PKS Configuration Settings list on the site:

a. Verify the entries for MediaEncoder.MonitorPath (It should point to your location of External File Store. Example: C:\UploadFiles).

b. Verify the entries for MediaEncoder.MonitorWeb (It should point to root of your PKS site collection. Example: http://pksdemo3)

After making these changes, restart the service and upload a sample video file and observe the logs. Also observe whether files is getting into your upload files folder on file system.

4.  When I go to the PKS Podcasts list the first thing that pops up is a message box that says "Unable to retrieve configuration settings".  I select ok and the list appears.

The error "Unable to retrieve configuration settings" suggests that an error is occuring while rendering the ratings field in the current podcast view. You can try the following:

a. Ensure that web.config of the web application has following entry in the <httphandlers> section.

<add path="*.Ratings/*,*.Ratings/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*/*/*" type="Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.HttpHandler,Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6" verb="*" />

b. In your PKS web site , open the Content Rating Configuration Settings list and verify that the key RaterSkin has the value dark.htm. You can update this key using the datasheet view.

Hope this helps.

-Parag

Jul 16, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I’ve completed and verified everything below. However now when I go to Upload Podcast to test I get “An unexpected error has occurred”. So I looked in the event view and I have the below error messages.

Source: SSP Ratings

Unable to retrieve configuration settings. Error msg: The given key was not present in the dictionary. Stack trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass1.<get_ConfigCacheTimeout>b__0()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.Utility.get_ConfigCacheTimeout()

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.EntityConfigs.GetConfigurationXml(String configurationName, String webId)

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.EntityConfigs.GetConfigXml(String configurationId, Boolean isListId)

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.EntityConfigs.ProcessGetRequest()

When I initially installed this application my PK Configuration Settings List was not present and I had to re-install which I did by just re-running the install (no uninstall first). I crashed the site and I had to use my backup web.config (added lines back that were needed). So is my install just bad all over? If so should I uninstall (no instructions on this) and start from scratch? I have until next Tuesday to get this running so which ever you think might be my quickest resolution.

Thanks,

Stacy

Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 6:17 AM

Hi Stacy,

Just noticed that you have posted another issue regarding the PKS Configuration Settings list not being present on your site. This indicates an incomplete install. I would suggest that you uninstall your corrent PKS and re-install it.

In case you have tried that already and your PKS Configuration Settings list is now created, then you can try the following for your issues mentioned above:

1. My CsID's are not present in the view but I'm not sure where to go find them to test.

b. Check for the entry having value "/<Your PKS Library>/AllItems.aspx". It will be in the format of {wegGUID}@{ListGUID}

2. Checked in my upload folder and nothing is there and the error I get in my encoder.log is:

To ensure that the files are getting uploaded to the Item ID folders, execute the following steps:

a. Go to IIS Manager

b. Go to layouts -> NetworkFileStore directory of the site where PKS is deployed

d. Now re-create the virtual directory named as UploadFolder and map it to the UplodFiles folder on the disk

e. Do an IISRESET.

f. Upload a video and test whether files are getting uploaded in the required Item ID folder.It should work.

3. When trying to play the video the web part is missing and when attempting to Generate Thumbnail, or Make it compatible i get a Error on Page on bottom left.

Line:2039 Char: 5 Error: 'length' is null or not an object Code: 0 URL: http://podcasting.company.com/Pages/PodcstDetail.aspx?...........................

Since files are not getting uploaded in the Item ID folders, the Media Encoder Service is not able to do its job.

After doing above steps if you see any major error in encoder.log then verify the following configuration for Media Encoder Service :

A. Verify that C:\Program Files\PKS\Media Encoder Service\MediaEncoderService.exe.has proper values for

B. Verify that PKS Media Encoder Monitor Loactions list has proper entries as given in the deployment guide.

a. Verify the entries for MediaEncoder.MonitorPath (It should point to your location of External File Store. Example: C:\UploadFiles).

b. Verify the entries for MediaEncoder.MonitorWeb (It should point to root of your PKS site collection. Example: http://pksdemo3)

After making these changes, restart the service and upload a sample video file and observe the logs. Also observe whether files is getting into your upload files folder on file system.

4. When I go to the PKS Podcasts list the first thing that pops up is a message box that says "Unable to retrieve configuration settings". I select ok and the list appears.

The error "Unable to retrieve configuration settings" suggests that an error is occuring while rendering the ratings field in the current podcast view. You can try the following:

a. Ensure that web.config of the web application has following entry in the <httphandlers> section.

<add path="*.Ratings/*,*.Ratings/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*/*/*" type="Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.HttpHandler,Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6" verb="*" />

b. In your PKS web site , open the Content Rating Configuration Settings list and verify that the key RaterSkin has the value dark.htm. You can update this key using the datasheet view.

Hope this helps.

-Parag

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pks@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email pks@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
Jul 16, 2010 at 3:23 PM
Edited Jul 16, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I think you should uninstall everything and start from scratch. Following are the steps:

1. Open a command prompt and change directory to the directory that you extracted the PKS Binaries to (you should find the files ssm.exe and PKSFull.xml in this directory).

2. Type following command.

ssm.exe uninstall PKSFull.xml http://<your PKS web site>

Alternative step :

o Go to Central Administration - >Operations

o under Global Configuration section go to Solution Management

o Click on installed wsp or cab files

o Click Retract Solutions

o Click OK.

3. Then delete the web application.

4. Now recreate the web application and Install the PKS solution.

5. After Installation, see ssm.log for any errors.

-Parag

Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 7:05 PM
To: Parag Kulkarni

I’ve completed and verified everything below. However now when I go to Upload Podcast to test I get “An unexpected error has occurred”. So I looked in the event view and I have the below error messages. 

Unable to retrieve configuration settings. Error msg: The given key was not present in the dictionary. Stack trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass1.<get_ConfigCacheTimeout>b__0()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.EntityConfigs.GetConfigurationXml(String configurationName, String webId)

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.EntityConfigs.GetConfigXml(String configurationId, Boolean isListId)

When I initially installed this application my PK Configuration Settings List was not present and I had to re-install which I did by just re-running the install (no uninstall first). I crashed the site and I had to use my backup web.config (added lines back that were needed). So is my install just bad all over? If so should I uninstall (no instructions on this) and start from scratch? I have until next Tuesday to get this running so which ever you think might be my quickest resolution.

Thanks,

Stacy

Hi Stacy,

To ensure that the files are getting uploaded to the Item ID folders, execute the following steps:

a. Go to IIS Manager

e. Do an IISRESET.

3. When trying to play the video the web part is missing and when attempting to Generate Thumbnail, or Make it compatible i get a Error on Page on bottom left.

Line:2039 Char: 5 Error: 'length' is null or not an object Code: 0 URL: http://podcasting.company.com/Pages/PodcstDetail.aspx?...........................

4. When I go to the PKS Podcasts list the first thing that pops up is a message box that says "Unable to retrieve configuration settings". I select ok and the list appears.

Hope this helps.

-Parag

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pks@discussions.codeplex.com)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 16, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Well I have some great news….

Started all over and about 95% of it is all functioning now but better this time around.

However, I did say 95% here’s what I’m seeing

File uploads Work

Web part shows with play button

Ratings Work

File Size Works

Comments Work

** A thumbnail appears but its not the one I set for it. Looks like it went to a default on instead.

**Video does not play (Ran encoder even though uploaded file is supported…still no luck)

Encoder.log says everything is happy.

** Tried to download the file “Save Target As” and it can’t connect to the location where the file is. My path maybe incorrect but didn’t have a good example..here’s what I have. http://podcasting.company.com/_layouts/NetworkFileStore/Uploadfolder and the file is in the directory and everything.

Let me know if you have any thoughts I’m going to dig on the Codeplex site and see what I can find as well.

Thanks,

Stacy

Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 10:23 AM

I think you should uninstall everything and start from scratch. Following are the steps:

1. Open a command prompt and change directory to the directory that you extracted the PKS Binaries to (you should find the files ssm.exe and PKSFull.xml in this directory).

2. Type following command.

ssm.exe uninstall PKSFull.xml http://<your PKS web site>

Alternative step :

o Go to Central Administration - >Operations

o under Global Configuration section go to Solution Management

o Click on installed wsp or cab files

o Click Retract Solutions

o Click OK.

3. Then delete the web application.

4. Now recreate the web application and Install the PKS solution.

5. After Installation, see ssm.log for any errors.

-Parag

Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 7:05 PM
To: Parag Kulkarni

Thanks,

Stacy

Hi Stacy,

a. Go to IIS Manager

e. Do an IISRESET.

Hope this helps.

-Parag

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment." www.cybage.com

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:05 AM

Thumbnail

The default thumbnail is set by the Media Encoder Service. To set a custom thumbnail you need to execute the below steps after the file is uploaded:

1. Open the podcast detail page
2. Click on Edit Podcast
3. Delete the Thumbnail.jpg and upload the custom thumbnail as Thumbnail.jpg.

Video Not Playing:

If Video is not playing, click on the Video Not playing link on the podcast detail page. It will make an entry in the Media Encoder Queue list. The Media Encoder Service will pick this entry, and will encode the file.

You will have to monitor the progress in the encoder.log file. You should see the encoding status in the log file.

If you cannot see any progress in the log file about the encoding status, make sure that Media Encoder Service is running.

Download Link

Download link should be in the format
"http://sitename/_layouts/NetworkFileStore/UploadFolder/<web GUID><List GUID>/<item GUID>/filename"

Since you have mentioned that files are present, then error you seeing is due to the Browser settings  OR a permission issue.

Hope this helps.

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Unfortunately the below information doesn’t help. I think maybe I confused you with what I wrote so let me try again.

Thumbnail

When you upload a podcast you have the option to put a thumbnail url. I did this and at first it shows up just fine but after a minute it goes to some default thumbnail.

However, I had someone else upload a podcast and theirs must have had a thumbnail embedded because it shows just fine. In my previous installation this did not occur whatever I put in that url stayed there.

Video

Per my original email I stated that I did exactly what you are instructing me to do and it does not work. As above I had someone upload a podcast and it works just fine its playing, duration is showing, etc. No issues…however, the format I’m using does state its supported so not sure what’s going on there.

Download Link

Not sure I understand what I need to do here your example is way different that what I’ve seen… Here’s a screen shot of mine….is it correct? Is my issue an only an IE issue?

Thanks,

Stacy

Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 3:05 AM

Thumbnail

The default thumbnail is set by the Media Encoder Service. To set a custom thumbnail you need to execute the below steps after the file is uploaded:

2. Click on Edit Podcast

Video Not Playing:

If Video is not playing, click on the Video Not playing link on the podcast detail page. It will make an entry in the Media Encoder Queue list. The Media Encoder Service will pick this entry, and will encode the file.

You will have to monitor the progress in the encoder.log file. You should see the encoding status in the log file.

If you cannot see any progress in the log file about the encoding status, make sure that Media Encoder Service is running.

Download Link

"http://sitename/_layouts/NetworkFileStore/UploadFolder/<web GUID><List GUID>/<item GUID>/filename"

Since you have mentioned that files are present, then error you seeing is due to the Browser settings OR a permission issue.

Hope this helps.

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:20 PM

The file type I uploaded that is not working is a m4v and the other file that was uploaded that works is a wmv file.

Thanks,

Stacy

Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 3:05 AM

Thumbnail

2. Click on Edit Podcast

Video Not Playing:

If Video is not playing, click on the Video Not playing link on the podcast detail page. It will make an entry in the Media Encoder Queue list. The Media Encoder Service will pick this entry, and will encode the file.

Download Link

Since you have mentioned that files are present, then error you seeing is due to the Browser settings OR a permission issue.

Hope this helps.

Jul 20, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Check if the m4v file is getting encoded in the Expression Encoder. It might be a problem with the file itself.

Jul 20, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Every file I have uploaded even though it says its supported (per the list) says it’s not supported. The only one I can get to work is a wmv file….

7/20/2010 9:08:45 AM] Progress[webServiceTimer_Tick]: Checking for a new queued item

[7/20/2010 9:08:45 AM] Progress[webServiceTimer_Tick]: Getting next item in the queue

[7/20/2010 9:09:45 AM] Progress[webServiceTimer_Tick]: Checking for a new queued item

[7/20/2010 9:09:45 AM] Progress[webServiceTimer_Tick]: Getting next item in the queue

[7/20/2010 9:09:45 AM] Progress[webServiceTimer_Tick]: Queue entry for 'D:\UploadFiles\\2c11ff5d-dad9-454e-91b2-b5dad119035c\00590106-d963-4b56-bc48-12921817ebd4\4\BabyWassup.avi'

[7/20/2010 9:09:45 AM] Update[UpdateQueueItem]: Updating itemId '10' with status 'In Progress'

[7/20/2010 9:09:45 AM] Update[UpdateQueueItem] Update Success

[7/20/2010 9:09:46 AM] Update[UpdateQueueItem]: Updating itemId '10' with status 'Error'

[7/20/2010 9:09:46 AM] Update[UpdateQueueItem] Update Success

[7/20/2010 9:09:46 AM] Error[webServiceTimer_Tick]: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

StackTrace:

at MediaEncoderService.Recode.SetDefaultProfile(MediaItem item)

at MediaEncoderService.Recode.Encode(String mediaPath, String outputPath, String profile)

at MediaEncoderService.MediaEncoderService.ReencodeFromQueue(MEQueueItem qItem, ListWebService lws)

Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:45 AM

Check if the m4v file is getting encoded in the Expression Encoder. It might be a problem with the file itself.

Oct 12, 2010 at 4:16 AM

Hi Parag,

I just read this entire thread!. It is very much useful. Thanks for providing this information.

I have an issue with my PKS installation that is related to this thread, so i want to continue with this thread.

Issue:

Everything is working fine in my PKS setup except videos(wmv) having more than 20MB. Thumbnails, CSID and Duration are not generating. For smaller video files, everything is working fine.

I am using Expression Encoder 2 for my PKS Setup.  Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bhaskar