Upgrade from Jan to April

May 19, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Hi there ...

I've done the upgrade and it seems to be working exept for a couple items.  I've read and reread many posts regarding rating, however, I still cannot rate podcasts.  When I do try, the ratings box pops up, I type my comment and rate the item, then I click submit.  The comment does not go away - even when I click Ignore.

Another problem seems to be that I have lost all left navigation entries.  There seems to be nothing to edit as I've tried to work my way through many posts describing how to modify the filters.  One post mentioned PKSSiteColumns.xml, however, I cannot find that file on my system. 

Finally, I get Property doesn't exist or is used in a manner inconsistent with schema settings. as a result of any search of podcasts.  Even when I click on the tag cloud.

Please let me know where to dig so I can have this resolved.

May 22, 2009 at 4:12 AM

Hi again...

I checking out my installation on a PC using IE and I'm happy to say that my ranking and comments worked fine.  Are they using an Active X controll or something that would prevent them working on Firefox.  So only two issues remain before I can let our teachers know about this great tool!  I've discribed it to many of them, however, I have not be able to show them something working as yet.  It would be great to do so before the year comes to and end.  I would appreciate any help I can get!  :)

Thanks much ...

Obadiah

May 26, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Hi Obadiah,

Unfortunately the Rating control is not supported on FireFox. You will have to use IE 7 and above for all the functionalities of the site to work.

May 27, 2009 at 4:27 AM

Thanks for the confirmation paragk.  I will ensure our teachers have this information when they start using PKS.

Obadiah

May 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Do you have any comments about the left nav or the error property does not exist I reference above paragk?  These two issues are preventing me from launching PKS to our teachers.

I'd appreciate your expertise.

Obadiah