Make it Compatible with Silverlight

May 14, 2009 at 5:27 PM

When playing videos, my video launches the local wmp.  When I go to podcast details and click "make it compatible with silverlight" I get "request can not be logged. There is a problem with the item." and no other related error in the logs.

Please advise. 

May 15, 2009 at 3:32 PM

jz6pwc, is your media encoder service working? When you upload a video, it goes to your upload path ? the time, size, and another informations as thumbnail is generated?

Verify the steps that configure the media encoder service, and verify if your server can play media files. Delete all the PKS Podcasts items, upload one of them again (try to upload a wmv) and verify your situation.

Do you have something in the logs?

Soo about to launch the local wmp, did you clicked under the Link? try to click under the image

May 19, 2009 at 1:38 PM
Edited May 19, 2009 at 1:38 PM

I can upload video, wmv's, but get no thumbnail, or video details.  I clicked under the image (no thumbnail, just default image) using the link and wmp plays the video.  I have deleted everything as suggested and tried again same issue.  I have created a discussion topic for the video details thing here: http://pks.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=56343