Service does not exist

May 5, 2009 at 4:16 AM
Hi,
I have installed April Beta Version of PKS, and follow all the steps carefully.
Problem arises in the step, "Testing the Media Encoder Service and Silverlight Player" -- After I uploaded the video, tumbnail got generated but when I click on thumbnail to comment on it, PodcastDetailPage opens with an error message box "Service does not exist". And after that , when I click Ok to that message box, video is visible on the page but rating and commenting coloumn is invisble. Please, tell me what might be reason for that.

Thanks,
Nikhil
May 5, 2009 at 5:16 AM
Sorry Friends, Actually I forgot to add 

<add path="*.Ratings/*,*.Ratings/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*/*,*.Ratings/*/*/*/*/*/*" type="Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.HttpHandler,Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=039e36666027bfc6" verb="*" />
in web.config of my PKS Site

Thanks,
Nikhil

May 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Hi there,

Hoping you can help me.  I'm using the March beta and I'm having trouble getting the ratings to work.  I have added the path as you mentioned above, but I'm missing a configuration entry

Following these instructions:

View all Site content,

Open the Content rating Store Configuration settings list

Edit the "connectionString" key and update it.......I have no configuration there, so I need to add a "configuration name", but I don't know what the configuration name is supposed to be.  Can you look at your system and tell me the configuration name?  I know what to put in for the key and values.

Thanks

May 12, 2009 at 5:12 AM
Edited May 12, 2009 at 5:14 AM

I am also installing the March beta but I am unable to find the custom list Content Rating Configuration Settings under View All Site Content on the PKS site.  I am installing this as a subsite of the root.  This is being installed on MOSS 2007 on Windows Server 2003 64bit.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

May 12, 2009 at 5:33 AM

Found it in the parent site.... : }

May 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM

@harnisda

The entries for configuration name should be present in the list Content Rating Store Configuration Settings by default.
You only need to edit the entry having the key connection string and modify the server name in the connection string in the value field.

If you are not able to view any of the configuration entries in the list, then there could be a problem with the installation of the Ratings component.
You can try uninstalling it from the site and reinstalling it again using the following commands:

Command for uninstalling Ratings component:
ssm.exe uninstall "PKS PreRequisites\Ratings\Ratings.xml" <sitename>

Command for installing the Ratings component:
ssm.exe install "PKS PreRequisites\Ratings\Ratings.xml" <sitename>

Hope this helps.

May 13, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I followed your instructions,but still get the same error.  You mention "...the entries for configuration name..."   I have no entries, but found some old documentation that stated that the configuration name was "Store", so I manually created the configuration name, connection string, etc..

BTW, download tracker is working fine. 

1) So, is "Store" the correct configuration name?

2) Are there any other configuration names that should be present in the Content Rating Store Configuration Settings?

Thanks for your help