Save Conflict on Edit page

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:00 PM
When I make edits to an already uploaded podcast, I get this error message. 

Save Conflict

Your changes conflict with those made concurrently by another user. If you want your changes to be applied, click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and resubmit your changes.

Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.

May 6, 2009 at 1:33 PM
Hi femialpha,

Can you try the following steps and see if the error message goes away:

1.       Login to the site with Site Collection Administrator credentials.

2.       Go to Site Actions -> View All Site Contents.

3.       Open PKS Podcasts list.

4.       Click on Settings -> List Settings.

5.       Click on Advanced settings link under General Settings column.

6.       Click Yes for “Allow management of content types” and then click OK.

7.       From the list of content types, select the content type the column appears in, e.g. “PKS Podcast”.

8.       From the list of columns for the selected content type, select the column. (e.g. Rating).

9.       Select Hidden (Will not appear in forms) and click OK.

10.   Repeat these steps for all PKS lists.

Hope this helps

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Hi Paragk,

Do you know if this resolved it? I too am getting this on a few pages. Which columns are being updated 'behind the scenes'? Should i be hiding more than just the rating's column?

Thanks,

Justin

Sep 24, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Hi Justin,

Are you getting this error on pages other than the Editform.aspx? If yes, on which pages are you seeing this error?

Did you try the steps given in my earlier response as they seem to work for the editform page.

Thanks,

Parag

Sep 28, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Hi Parag,

Sorry for not replying, must have forgotten to tick the notify email option...

I seem to get it when editing a web part on any of the pks pages. For example when trying to modify a content editor web part, the first time i try and commit my changes i get the error, i then refresh as it suggests (and lose my changes...) have another go and it works ok.

Its just very annoying as you are never quite sure if/when its going to happen?

Thanks,

Justin