This project is read-only.

PKS April Beta - Released

Apr 30, 2009 at 6:46 AM
Edited Apr 30, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Community discussions thread release to the install, upgrade & configuration for the PKS April Beta Release

Looking forward to a great exchange of ideas and feedback!

~ Happy Podcasting ~

Release Features

Feature Updates

• PodcastDetails Page
    • Added "Use My Thumbnail" link for custom user uploaded thumbnails.
    • Updated "Edit" link logic to support multiple PKS Podcast Lists.
  • CBQ (Podcast Grid)
    • Added Page Selection to Bottom Bar
    • Resolved Known Issue. Query String Issue on Paging
  • Left Navigation
    • Added Ability to Define Display Order for Pages within a Series
  • Updated NFS Component
    • Resolves Known Issue. File Deletion Processing
  • Ratings
    • Updated Logic for Avg. Podcaster & Series Ratings (only averages against rated content)
  • Documentation
    • Updated Install Guide (Site / Sub Site)
    • Updated Guide for Using Multiple PKS Podcast Lists

Known Issue(s)

• When upgrading, after the install a duplicate set of "<controls> </controls>" remains in the web.config, delete the tags and reset IIS.
  • Unable to set links as the primary file during upload, if links are set as the primary file the PodcastDetail.aspx page will not render correctly.
May 5, 2009 at 3:37 PM
Hi,

I have been working with the September release of PKS for some time.  I am currently looking into moving to the April release and with this aim I am investigating the changes that occurred between these two releases.

One area that stands out as having changed fairly significantly is the UpdateDurationThumbnailHandler code. I would be interested in the development thoughts and plans for this code. 

However, I am particularly interested in the ItemDeleting event handler.  In the September release, the code here will delete the podcast files stored in the file upload location for the given podcast when the podcast item is deleted from the list.  In the April release, this code is commented out - leaving the event handler doing nothing.  This functionality is considered important for our implementation.  Is there a reason that the functionality has been removed? Are there any future plans for it?

Lastly, I have only just started looking into the changes with the PodcastFiles XML field and the new NFS XML Blob field.  Are the changes just a change to the XML schema? Or is there more to this?  If anyone could provide some insight into these changes then that would be very useful.

May 5, 2009 at 5:53 PM
The Roadmap stops at March so can you confirm if this is this an Intermediate Release or a Major Release?
Thanks