Regenerate thumbnail

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:32 AM
Hi,
I have got PKS functioning quite satisfactorily. Only sometimes it is not able to generate thumbnails for the uploaded podcasts. The podcast details page displays the default thumbnail and also plays the video when requested. I am also able to make the video compatible with silverlight if required.

I am facing a problem with the links "Generate Thumbnail" and "Default Thumbnail". I always get the alert "Only Admins, Owners and Co-Owners can regenerate thumbnail".

Please help

Regards,
Chetan
Apr 22, 2009 at 1:13 PM
Hi Chetan,

The "Generate Thumbnail" and "Default Thumbnail" links work only if the logged in user is the owner or co-owner of the podcast or the admin users who are part of the PKS Administrators group.
If you are trying to use these links for a podcast that is uploaded by a different user then you will always get this message. In case you are the administrator of this site then you need to ensure that there is a group called
PKS Administrators created and your account is part of that group. Then you should be able to use these links.

Hope this helps,

-Parag
Apr 24, 2009 at 7:02 AM
Thanks a lot Parag for your reply.

I created a group PKS Administrators and added my account to it. The generate thumbnail link worked.

I am still confused about the "Owner or Co-Owner" part of it. It was the same account that I used for uploading the podcast. Am I missing out something during configuration?

Regards,
Chetan
Apr 27, 2009 at 7:25 AM
I had completely missed out the "How To Apply Security Settings" document guide.

Thanks a lot Parag for all your help.

Regards,
Chetan