Video on PodcastResultPage

Apr 15, 2009 at 11:13 AM
Hi ,
I am using March PKS, I can easily upload and rate videos. When, I search for podcast say "Welcome" through serch browser, then it gone to 'PodcastSearchResult.aspx' page and name of the podcast can be seen there , and when I clicked on the podcast then 'PodcastDetail.aspx' page get opened but , no podcast is present there . Also I noticed that, on the 'PodcastSearchResult.aspx' page , no thumbnail of podcast get generated , nor time duration but only the name appeared. On a close scrutiny, I found that, when I hover on the "Welcome" podcast on 'PodcastSearchResult.aspx' page it has no csid or caid , which might be the reason of why podcast is not playing.
I am not getting the problem , plz help me .
Thanks
Apr 15, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Hi NiceNics,

From your post it seems that your other podcasts are working fine but you are facing a problem for one particular podcast.
Can you try opening the PodcastDetails page for this particular podcast from the PKS Home Page? If you are not able to see the podcast on the detail page then it means that the Media Encoder Service threw an exception for this particular item. You can check the Encoder.log file present at C:\Program Files\PKS\MediaEncoderService location which should have the exception logged in it.

The reasons for the Media Encoder Service generating an exception are many. E.g unsupported media format, required codecs not present on the box etc.
It is also possible that the Media Encoder Service wasn't started when this item was uploaded? I would suggest that you can try to upload that item again and check if it gives the same problem.

Hope this helps.

Apr 16, 2009 at 6:14 AM
Hi paragk,
Well first of all thanks for reeply and sorry for my uncleared language. Actually, all videos are running fine but when I go to "podcastSearchResult.aspx" page via search podacst browser on the top right of the site , then "podcastSearchResult.aspx" page get open and I am getting result corresponding to the podcast(with no thumbnail,no duration and other information, only the name is showing) I searched for , but when I clicked on the video on the same("podcastSearchResult.aspx") page then video is not playing.
Thing to be noticed is that , all these videos are working fine on "PodcastDetail.aspx" page with there respective thumnail,duration and other information.
I hope, this time I am clearer to explain my problem. Waiting for reply.
Thanks
Apr 17, 2009 at 12:12 PM
Hi NiceNics,

Thanks for the clarification. It seems a problem with the configuration of Search. I would advice you to make sure that the Search is properly configured on your site by following the Install and Configuration guide.
Make sure that after the configuration is done, a full crawl is done.
Apr 22, 2009 at 5:58 AM
Hi paragk ,
Thanks for replying , but how to configure search properly ? bcos , it configured automatically as I configured PKS kit.
Apr 22, 2009 at 2:22 PM
Hi NiceNics,

The steps to configure the Search for the PKS site are provided on the Page 16 of the Installation and Configuration Guide for PKS document.
Kindly refer these steps and ensure that the search has been configured accordingly on your site.

Thanks,
Parag
Apr 23, 2009 at 5:02 AM
Hi Parag,
I have followed all the steps on Page 16 very carefully , but problem is still the same.
Anyother reason, which could be ??

Thanks,
Nikhil