Problem in adding columns to PKS Podcast List

Apr 10, 2009 at 12:15 PM
Hi,

With reference to my earlier thread http://pks.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=52784

I tried creating a new podcast list called videos. I added four columns to the default list. (I did not remove any pre-existing columns)
I followed the "How to create and manage a secondary PKS Podcast List" document to get this list working.

When I upload a file to this list, it shows up fine on the PKSHomepage.aspx. But, cliking on the particular item, throws the PKSDetails page for a toss.
1) The CBQ web part does not show up.
2) Clicking the PKS_PodcastDetail_SLRe-Encode web part generates javascript error.
3) Clicking on the Default Thumbnail link generates javascript error.

The author web part appears to be fine.

I also have other podcast files uploaded from the PKS Podcasts list. Selecting these files on the PKSHomepage work fine.

Regards,
Chetan
Apr 10, 2009 at 2:32 PM
Hi Chetan,

Adding more columns to your list should not affect the PodcastDetail page functionality.
You can try a few things.

1. Firstly verify that the CsId value is present for those items in the new list. This can be done by modifying the default view and selecting CsId column in it. If the CsID is not present then you will have to deactivate and activate the PKS Podcast list Update Handler and reconfigure the PKS Configuration Settings list and restart the Media Encoder Service.

2. Verify that that podcast detail page URL is in the following format
<csid" />http://<servername>/Pages/PodcastDetail.aspx?itemId=12&userId=1&caid=&csId=<csid value>

If the solution in #1 above doesn't work then check the following:
3. Go to Podcastdetail page. Edit the page. Go to Podcasts web part Edit -> Modify Shared Web part and verify that  Check Box (Pick Values from QueryString) is selected.
4. Verify that On clicking Button Editor , it shows following query

<Where><And><Contains><FieldRef Name="CsId"/><Value Type="Text">{csId}</Value></Contains><Eq><FieldRef Name="ID"/><Value Type="Text">{itemId}</Value></Eq></And></Where>

Hope this helps.