This project is read-only.

Unknown server tag 'asp:ScriptManager'. while setttin PKSMasterPage.Master

Apr 3, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Hi All,

I am getting this error while installing march beta version. "Unknown server tag 'asp:ScriptManager'."

I tried installing pks march beta in dev and prod servers. In dev it is working fine, but in prod server it is giving the following error. I tried installing 3 times, but no luck. Can any one help me with this issue.

Thanks,

Naresh Bojja
http://nareshbojja.wordpress.com
Apr 8, 2009 at 1:36 PM
Hi Naresh,

It seems that you are missing the Controls entry in the web.config file of your PKS site. Please check that the following entry is present in the web.config:

<controls>
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.SilverlightControls" assembly="System.Web.Silverlight,Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
   </controls>

Hope this helps.
Apr 9, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Hi ParagK,

These tags are already present in my web.config...

Thanks..
Naresh Bojja

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:25 PM
I also get this on a site that has anonymous access turned on.

Cheers
Jay
Apr 14, 2009 at 11:03 AM

After turning on the anonymous access for a web application, it seems that the following entries from web.config are lost and have to be added manually

1.        In <httpHandlers> section

<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/>

2.       In <Controls> section

<add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.SilverlightControls" assembly="System.Web.Silverlight, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

3.       Under <providers >

<add name="PKSNavigationProviderMobile" type="PKS.Sharepoint.Navigation.SpLeftNavigationProvider, PKS.Sharepoint.Navigation, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3a737f14c332a521" siteMapList="PKS Left Navigation Items" isMobileView="true" />

<add name="SpLeftNavigationProvider" type="PKS.Sharepoint.Navigation.SpLeftNavigationProvider, PKS.Sharepoint.Navigation, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3a737f14c332a521" siteMapList="PKS Left Navigation Items" isMobileView="false" />

Please check you web.config for these entries and if they are missing then add them manually and try again.
Apr 29, 2009 at 3:06 PM
I get this problem too, and I solved that by doing the same as paragk.

This problem ocurs when the scriptmanager is not found. It happens because or they are not declared on the webconfig, or the webconfig has declared a old version.
The correct version of "asp" namespace is 3.5
Follow the steps of paragk that it works again.
Verify if the version is 3.5

Regards,
Pablo Bertrão