Access Denied Error

Mar 27, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I have installed february release of PKS but sometime the application throws access denied error for everyone even for system account too. If I go and reset the iis, system works fine and everyone is able to access. Access denied error occurs very frequently when too many users (25+) try to access the system. Could you please help me to fix this issue?

ULS Log file entry:

Potentially excessive number of SPRequest objects (28) currently unreleased on thread 1.  Ensure that this object or its parent (such as an SPWeb or SPSite) is being properly disposed.  Allocation Id for this object: {3B7B44CC-5093-4C9C-90D5-FDA6CBFB99BC} Stack trace of current allocation:    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRequestManager.Add(SPRequest request, Boolean shareable)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.CreateSPRequestAndSetIdentity(Boolean bNotGlobalAdminCode, String strUrl, Boolean bNotAddToContext, Byte[] UserToken, String userName, Boolean bIgnoreTokenTimeout, Boolean bAsAnonymous)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.InitializeSPRequest()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.EnsureSPRequest()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.get_Request()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.SetAllowUn... 
Apr 2, 2009 at 3:16 AM
Make sure you're running the app pool as a user that has all the rights it needs. 

A couple to check:
  • Does it have access to get content from the Central Admin site? it needs this for the config lists for Ratings and Download tracking)
  • Does it have the access to the actual RatingsStore db? although I'm not sure this would throw a SharePoint security exception)
If you deactivate the web app level feature for ratings, do the access denied errors go away?