PKS using FBA

Feb 26, 2009 at 2:46 PM
Hi All,

I need to do PKS on FBA enabled site. Can any one have any idea????. please help needed on this.

Regards
Sith
Mar 1, 2009 at 11:46 AM
Edited Mar 1, 2009 at 10:19 PM
Hi Sith
I made that and I had "no" problems with the FBA part and in my case LDAP (it took a while). So if you can be more specific on your problems perhaps I can guide you.
You can look at my tests on this betaversion http://expo.mah.se

I also wanted a public site and I built things on the october release so there has been an number of changes regarding that part.
I am now upgrading for to the februari version and vill document the process better.
/Lars
Mar 3, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Hi Larra,

Thanks for your reply. As my site is totally based on forms Authontication, I am facing problem in rating. I am not able to give rating even when i loged in as admin(FBA). 

I am getting the fallowing message when try to rate the video.

Invalid user account.  Log in using primary windows account.

Can u give me any suggations on this. (Is it require to work on rating pks should be extended to windows?.).

I have seen u r site and it is very nice. i had one question , is your player in your site is default one or it is customized (if customized can i have the procedure how to do it)?

Regards
Sith

Mar 4, 2009 at 8:36 AM
Edited Mar 4, 2009 at 8:37 AM
Change Silverlight skin.
I changed the skin on the Silverlightplayer, this was done on the December release I haven't checked if it works on the february release.
This is the way I did it:
In older releases you could change it from the webpart but in the december release you have to use Sharepoint designer and change the file PKSDetailItem.xsl around line 170 the row saying:

<xsl:value-of select="'&lt;asp:MediaPlayer ID=&quot;MediaPlayer1&quot; runat=&quot;server&quot; MediaSkinSource=&quot;/Style Library/PodcastingKit/SLPlayerSkins/Simple.xaml&quot; AutoLoad=&quot;false&quot; AutoPlay=&quot;true&quot; Height=&quot;360px&quot; Width=&quot;480px&quot; MediaSource=&quot;'" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

Simple.xaml is the name of the skin we use, so upload skins to the folder /Style Library/PodcastingKit/SLPlayerSkins/ and you should be alright.
You can find skins in the SDK at:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v2.0\Libraries\Server\MediaPlayerSkins.

///////////
I didn't get the rating to work for FBA until I made some changes in the Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.dll again december release:
So it is a little bit trickier
This line in DefaultLobUserIdProvider.cs dosn't handle Forms Login:

//return HttpContext.Current.Request.ServerVariables["LOGON_USER"].ToString();

It should be something like:
 String userName = "";
                if (System.Threading.Thread.CurrentPrincipal.Identity.IsAuthenticated){
                    userName = "YourFormsAutenticationProviderName:" +System.Threading.Thread.CurrentPrincipal.Identity.Name;
                }
                return userName;

There are probably a few other changes there but I will check in the February release shortly and I can come back with a more accurate changelog?
//////////
regards
/Lars
Mar 6, 2009 at 8:01 AM
Hi Larra,

When i turn my site to anonymous access , i am not able to play the video file. even when i click on downlod link it is redirecting to login page.I have my content and sharepoint on both differnt servers.

Please help needed on this.

Regards
Sith