Property doesn't exist or is used in a manner inconsistent with schema settings

Feb 10, 2009 at 6:08 PM
platform:
All servers are windows 2003 R2 64bit
MOSS2007 - SP1 with all the latest updates including infrastructure update
SQL 2005 - Fully patched

After successfully uploading an AVI, from within the podcast detail screen, I click on the hyper link next to the category it takes me to a screen that displays the following error;

"Property doesn't exist or is used in a manner inconsistent with schema settings"

The message is displayed on this URL
http://pkstest.mycompany.com/Pages/PodcastSearchResults.aspx?s=Podcasts&k=50%20(For%20Dummies)

Thanks in advance

--Gerald
Jul 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM

I have the same problem with clicking on category links. However, this seems to be part of a bigger issue, since all search queries (general or limited for podcasts) bring this error.

I found a reported issue about this here, unfortunately the suggested solutions didn't work for me.

I am running the PKS June 2009 Release.

Did anyone encounter and solve this problem recently?

Thanks,

David

Aug 3, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Hi David,

It seems that your search is not properly configured. Please follow the steps mentioned in the Search sub-section found under the Configuration section of the Installation and Configuration Guide.

Once the search is configured properly and the crawling takes place, this error shouldn't come again.

Hope this helps.

-Parag

Aug 3, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Hi Parag,

Thanks a lot for the hint! I followed  that part of the installation guide and it works now.

What confused me was that the search configuration was a sub-section of iTunes Support, which I didn't need, and so I ended up skipping that whole part.

Thanks a lot for your help!

David