podcasts.webpart error

Jan 14, 2009 at 5:26 PM
Got the December release installed and have double checked all the settings.  I am getting and error with the podcasts.webpart on the home page.

Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.

I can upload a .wmv file successfully, the list including the image gets populated correctly.  Problem is that there is nothing to select from the podcasts home page.

If I try to edit the properties of the podcast.webpart via the modify settings, I get

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load XSL file. The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartPageUserException: Could not load XSL file. The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[WebPartPageUserException: Could not load XSL file. The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)]
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.CmsDataFormWebPart.GetXslFile(String templateFileUrl) +271
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.CmsDataFormWebPart.PopulateDropDown(DropDownList ddl, String selectedValue, String xslUrl, String resourcePrefix) +96
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.CmsDataFormWebPart.PopulateItemDropDown(DropDownList ddl, String selectedValue) +53
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ContentByQueryToolPart.populateItemStylesDropDown() +59
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ContentByQueryToolPart.populateStylesControlGroup() +24
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ContentByQueryToolPart.populateCBQControls() +80
   Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ContentByQueryToolPart.CreateChildControls() +62
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +50
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2041

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

.....any ideas on where to start looking?
<!-- [WebPartPageUserException]: Could not load XSL file. The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.CmsDataFormWebPart.GetXslFile(String templateFileUrl) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.CmsDataFormWebPart.PopulateDropDown(DropDownList ddl, String selectedValue, String xslUrl, String resourcePrefix) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.CmsDataFormWebPart.PopulateItemDropDown(DropDownList ddl, String selectedValue) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ContentByQueryToolPart.populateItemStylesDropDown() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ContentByQueryToolPart.populateStylesControlGroup() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ContentByQueryToolPart.populateCBQControls() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.WebControls.ContentByQueryToolPart.CreateChildControls() at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) [HttpUnhandledException]: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) -->
Jan 15, 2009 at 1:04 PM
Here is how I got around this, I removed MOSS from port 80, and deleted the associated content databases.  I setup another new default Web Application for port 80.  This time however, when I made the site collection, I did not set it up with 'sites' in the path.  My new site collection was located at /sites/pks">http://<severname>/sites/pks.   This resolved my issues.  It appears that the install packages still contain some hardcoded paths that don't resolve correctly is you don't install it to the root of the IIS server.  The missing artwork and all style sheet related issues with the content query webparts went away.  Maybe I missed that part in the install documentation, but I've read through it several times and din't pick that point up.  I have seen numerous prior disscussions where this was the case, but I understood that this was resolved with the December release.  If I am off-base here, please let me know.

Thanks

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Is switching to port 80 the only way to get rid of this error?  Did you find anything else out?  Thanks.
Jan 29, 2009 at 3:09 PM
Installing it to the root site on port 80 is the only way I could get it to work.  My URL to luanch it looks as follows<a