Install Issues: Error ActivateSiteFeature

Jan 13, 2009 at 3:52 PM

PKS Build:  

Using the December release

Server OS & SQL Version:  Windows Server 2003 w/ sp2, SQL Server 2005

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio      9.00.1399.00
            Operating System      5.2.3790

Share both the technical version & user experience version of the problem

This is my first time installing this.  I'm attempting to do it on a virtual pc image.  All the pre-reqs have been downloaded and installed successfully.  When I run 'sms.exe install pksfull.xml http://dagle2003/sites/pks' the install launches and below is the logfile dump.  Essentially several components do not install.  I've read several threads that pertain to the prior release, but they do not resolve the situation.  The site I am installing to is the top level of a site collection and was built using the team site template.  I'm logged on as administrator, and have verified that the accounts associated to the ssp is not a network service account, and that it has admin rights to SharePoint , SQL, and Windows Server.  Any ideas?

Installing ISContentQueryWebparts.cab...
Installing DownloadTracking.cab...
Installing Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Administration.cab...
Installing Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.cab...
Installing NetworkFileStore.cab...
Installing Silverlight.cab...
Installing SharePointTagging.cab...
Installing PodcastingKitForSharePoint.wsp...
Installing PodcastingKitForSharePointUserInterface.wsp...
Activating ISContentQueryWebparts...
Error[ActivateSiteFeature]: Failed to instantiate file "XSL Style Sheets/CbqRss.xsl" from module "RssXslFiles": The specified list does not exist.
StackTrace:
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.EnableModuleFromXml(String bstrFeatureDirectory, String bstrUrl, String bstrXML)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPModule.ActivateFromFeature(SPFeatureDefinition featdef, XmlNode xnModule, SPWeb web)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPModuleElement.ElementActivated(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPSqlCommand sqlcmdAppendOnly, SPWebApplication webApp, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPElementDefinitionCollection.ProvisionModules(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPElementDefinitionCollection.ProvisionElements(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPWebApplication webapp, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.ProvisionElements(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPWebApplication webapp, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.Activate(SPSite siteParent, SPWeb webParent, SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternal(Guid featureId, SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, Boolean force, Boolean fMarkOnly)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.Add(Guid featureId)
   at SharePointSolutionManager.PackageManager.ActivateSiteFeature(Guid feature, SPSite site)
Activating SharePointTagging...
Activating Network File Store...
Activating ContentRatingFeatureFarm...
Activating ContentRatingFeatureWebApplication...
Activating Ratings Control...
Activating RatingsModification...
Error[ActivateSiteFeature]: Failed to instantiate file "RatingsReport.css" from module "StyleSheets": The specified list does not exist.
StackTrace:
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.EnableModuleFromXml(String bstrFeatureDirectory, String bstrUrl, String bstrXML)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPModule.ActivateFromFeature(SPFeatureDefinition featdef, XmlNode xnModule, SPWeb web)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPModuleElement.ElementActivated(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPSqlCommand sqlcmdAppendOnly, SPWebApplication webApp, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPElementDefinitionCollection.ProvisionModules(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPElementDefinitionCollection.ProvisionElements(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPWebApplication webapp, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.ProvisionElements(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPWebApplication webapp, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.Activate(SPSite siteParent, SPWeb webParent, SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternal(Guid featureId, SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, Boolean force, Boolean fMarkOnly)
   at SharePointSolutionManager.PackageManager.ActivateSiteFeature(Guid feature, SPSite site)
Activating PKS.SiteColumns...
Activating PKS.PodcastContentType...
Activating PKS.PodcastList...
Activating PKS.MediaEncoderMonitorLocations...
Activating PKS.SeriesContentType...
Activating PKS.NavigationContentType...
Activating PKS.PodcastListActivationHandler...
Activating PKS.EncoderQueueList...
Activating PKS.UserInterface...
Error[ActivateSiteFeature]: Failed to instantiate file "PKSPodcasters.xsl" from module "PKSAcceleratorXSLStyleSheets": The specified list does not exist.
StackTrace:
Activating PKS.SubSitePages...
Error[ActivateWebFeature]: Failed to instantiate file "PKSMobileHome.aspx" from module "PKSMobileContentPages": The specified list does not exist.
StackTrace:
   at SharePointSolutionManager.PackageManager.ActivateWebFeature(Guid feature, SPWeb web)
Adding web.config keys...

Jan 13, 2009 at 6:10 PM
rpumas-
I tried to replicate your problem, however, I think your issue is that the URL http://dagle2003/sites/pks is not valid.  I tried to ping it, and I couldn't get a response.  Please check your URL and try again.
Jan 14, 2009 at 3:09 AM
Try installing into http://dagle2003 instead
Jan 14, 2009 at 3:10 AM
Did you turn on the Enterprise site features
Jan 14, 2009 at 3:13 AM
Hi ,
I think  you dont need to be worry about these errors,  these errors also came to me. But , everthing works fine for me , except the last steps, so go to till that step and if you are lucky then you will going to play with Podcasting
Jan 14, 2009 at 12:25 PM
All,

Thanks for the replys.  I found and reolved the install issue.

The collaboration portal site I was attempting to install to was not setup correctly.  I created a new site collection and with a new collaboration portal from the enterprise tab and everything installed fine.  The only extra step I did was to retract the solutions from the previous install attempts via the central admin console, prior to installing it again.  Not sure if that step was required or not, I did it anyway though.  I am now working my way through the remaineder of the config doc.  So far, so good.

Thanks again.