Encoder Error - Request failed with HTTP Status 404: Not Found

Dec 17, 2008 at 6:54 PM
I am getting the following in the encoder log when trying to encode a movie. Anyone seen this?

[12/17/2008 1:51:04 PM] Progress[webServiceTimer_Tick]: Checking for a new queued item
[12/17/2008 1:51:04 PM] Error[GetNextQueueItem]: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
StackTrace:
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at MediaEncoderService.Lists.Lists.GetListItems(String listName, String viewName, XmlNode query, XmlNode viewFields, String rowLimit, XmlNode queryOptions, String webID)
   at MediaEncoderService.ListWebService.GetNextQueueItem(String& id)
Jan 5, 2009 at 8:21 PM
Just giving this thread a bump. I went back through the entire setup guide and performed all of the steps again to confirm. I am still getting the above message, once every minute when the timer event fires. Does anyone know what is actually happening in the steps above? My first guess is that it cannot read Queue Items from the list in Sharepoint. But I have no idea why or if that is even the problem.
Jan 23, 2009 at 3:35 PM
I've got the same problem.
Feb 6, 2009 at 8:10 PM
Hello.
I had the same problem and it was because I deleted a required web page, so i went to the recycle bin and restore it and that was all!
hope this helps,
bye,
Feb 9, 2009 at 11:45 AM
Can you post your entire media encoder log output?  Are you installing to the root site collection?