Broken Grid View!

Dec 1, 2008 at 10:04 PM

So once I had things up and running, I began the customization process.  I changed some column settings in the PKS Podcasts list (categories, etc.), while avoiding the ones that I knew were "specialty" columns -- Podcast Files, duration, etc., as those are referenced by the encoder, and I didn't want to break anything.

Well, I managed to break the main pkshomepage web part.  The one with the nice grid view of the uploaded content.

I tried examining the web part settings, and restoring the original version of the PKS podcasts list, but I can't get them to display again... I see that they are still showing up in the MobileHome page, and I tried mimicing those settings, but so far to no avail.

Can someone provide some guidance as to what those web part settings are supposed to look like?  I'm not sure where the problem is coming from.

Thanks!

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:16 PM
Edited Dec 2, 2008 at 5:16 PM
Restored the columns to the way it was originally, and that fixed it.
Guess you can't get rid of some of those columns...
I would like to customize it though, and will experiment some more.

What does the "Compete Content" field do?  Is this something that a user needs to see or decide?
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2008 at 2:32 PM
You should be able to rename, or "hide" the columns you don't want.
The "compete content" is a sample column to be used if the content published includes competitive positioning , about your company's competitiors.