Errors installing Oct release

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:13 AM
Hi

I have installed the oct release.

I am getting the following errors:

Error[ActivateSiteFeature]: Failed to instantiate file "XSL Style Sheets/CbqRss.xsl" from module "RssXslFiles": The specified list does not exist.
StackTrace:
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.EnableModuleFromXml(String bstrFeatureDirectory, String bstrUrl, String bstrXML)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPModule.ActivateFromFeature(SPFeatureDefinition featdef, XmlNode xnModule, SPWeb web)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPModuleElement.ElementActivated(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPSqlCommand sqlcmdAppendOnly, SPWebApplication webApp, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPElementDefinitionCollection.ProvisionModules(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPElementDefinitionCollection.ProvisionElements(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPWebApplication webapp, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.ProvisionElements(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPWebApplication webapp, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.Activate(SPSite siteParent, SPWeb webParent, SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternal(Guid featureId, SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, Boolean force, Boolean fMarkOnly)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.Add(Guid featureId)
   at SharePointSolutionManager.PackageManager.ActivateSiteFeature(Guid feature, SPSite site)
Activating SharePointTagging...
Activating Network File Store...
Activating ContentRatingFeatureFarm...
Activating ContentRatingFeatureWebApplication...
Activating Ratings Control...
Activating RatingsModification...
Error[ActivateSiteFeature]: Failed to instantiate file "RatingsReport.css" from module "StyleSheets": The specified list does not exist.
StackTrace:
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.EnableModuleFromXml(String bstrFeatureDirectory, String bstrUrl, String bstrXML)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPModule.ActivateFromFeature(SPFeatureDefinition featdef, XmlNode xnModule, SPWeb web)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPModuleElement.ElementActivated(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPSqlCommand sqlcmdAppendOnly, SPWebApplication webApp, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPElementDefinitionCollection.ProvisionModules(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPElementDefinitionCollection.ProvisionElements(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPWebApplication webapp, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.ProvisionElements(SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, SPWebApplication webapp, SPSite site, SPWeb web, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.Activate(SPSite siteParent, SPWeb webParent, SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, Boolean fForce)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternal(Guid featureId, SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, Boolean force, Boolean fMarkOnly)
   at SharePointSolutionManager.PackageManager.ActivateSiteFeature(Guid feature, SPSite site)
Activating PKS.SiteColumns...
Activating PKS.PodcastContentType...
Activating PKS.PodcastList...
Activating PKS.SeriesContentType...
Activating PKS.NavigationContentType...
Activating PKS.PodcastListActivationHandler...
Activating PKS.EncoderQueueList...
Activating PKS.UserInterface...
Error[ActivateSiteFeature]: Failed to instantiate file "PKSPodcasters.xsl" from module "PKSAcceleratorXSLStyleSheets": The specified list does not exist.
StackTrace:
Activating PKS.SubSitePages...
Error[ActivateWebFeature]: Failed to instantiate file "PKSMobileHome.aspx" from module "PKSMobileContentPages": The specified list does not exist.
StackTrace:
   at SharePointSolutionManager.PackageManager.ActivateWebFeature(Guid feature, SPWeb web)

Any idea about the errors??

Inspite of the errors i tried to follow the steps in the installation doc, i could complete few but i couldn't complete few( like am not able to find >/Pages/reporting.aspx,>/Pages/PodcastDetail.aspx etc).

I am stuck here....pls help.

Thanks a lot.

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2008 at 4:12 PM
Can you post the command you are using to launch the SSM installer, you can blank the server name for security.

Are you installing to the root of the site collection, or a sub site? Currently PKS needs to be installed to the Site Collection root and then manual steps can be taken to create PKS sub sites.

Thanks,
-a
Nov 28, 2008 at 6:50 AM
Hi awinters,

Thanks for the reply....I uninstalled and installed it again..it worked well....
but i have few issues playing podcasts...
i uploaded few podcasts and tried playing....
i get this error:
"An error occurred during the processing of . Unknown server tag 'asp:MediaPlayer'. "
If i go to podcastdetail page and click make it compatible with silverlight i get the javascript error
"Object expected".
I thought the problem might with silverlight,so i uninstalled and installed it again....
Am i missing anything here....
Note: I am not able to play the videos in silverlight.net

Thanks in advance....