Media Encoder 403: Forbidden error

Nov 15, 2008 at 3:59 PM
I'm having this error every minute logged in encoder.log:

[11/15/2008 11:19:08 AM] Progress[webServiceTimer_Tick]: Checking for a new queued item
[11/15/2008 11:19:08 AM] Error[GetNextQueueItem]: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.
StackTrace:
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at MediaEncoderService.Lists.Lists.GetListItems(String listName, String viewName, XmlNode query, XmlNode viewFields, String rowLimit, XmlNode queryOptions, String webID)
   at MediaEncoderService.ListWebService.GetNextQueueItem(String& id)

Can you tell me what url or web service url it's trying to access?

So far, my situation is that videos are created correctly as well as duration, but thumbnails are not generated.

Herve 
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2008 at 7:25 PM
Hi, Herve

During the setup you created a virtual directory point to C:\UploadFiles (or a path you selected), verify the MediaEncoder.config file <C:\Program Files\MediaEncoder\>, and then verify the settings in the PKS Configuration and Media Encoder Monitor Locations List. Doube check that the the URL's and uploads pathes are correct.

As far as the thumbnail, have you adjusted the MediaEncoder.ConfigInterval from 60000 to 36000000?

Thanks,
-a