Activate network file store

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:02 PM
In the step to "Create the external file store upload path" it indicates I need to activate the "Network File Store Feature" from Site Administration/Site Feature.
I see nothing that is says Network File Store. Anyone have idea on this?
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Hi,  

Verify you are trying to activate the feature at the root of the site collection (Site Actions, Site Settings, View all Site Settings ----> Podcasting Kit for SharePoint > Site Settings > Site Features )

Thanks,

-a

Nov 14, 2008 at 11:22 PM
Hi Neoinbiz,
Did awinters suggestion work for you?
I'm having same problem, and I still can't find Network File Store feature at the root of PKS site.
Nov 15, 2008 at 3:36 PM
What version of pks ru using

On 14 Nov 2008 16:22:23 -0800, dj9994 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: dj9994
>
> Hi Neoinbiz,
> Did awinters suggestion work for you?
> I'm having same problem, and I still can't find Network File Store feature
> at the root of PKS site.
>
>

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com
Nov 17, 2008 at 1:10 PM
DJ9994,
My issue was unexplained. I was previosly using the Sept install notes for the Oct release code. After starting over realizing this I was able to see the "Network File Storage" within the site features during the install process.
Nov 17, 2008 at 4:29 PM
I'm using October version.
Did you install yours at the root of separate web application?
I'm trying to install mine on a subsite collection, and I think this seems to be the cause of my issues.
http://www.codeplex.com/pks/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=6573
Nov 17, 2008 at 4:38 PM
I am doing it at the root. I am sticking to the install instructions to go throught the motion of installing then I will go from there. I am actually doing another install now.
Nov 17, 2008 at 5:15 PM
I found the Network File Storage feature from Central Admin, and not under Site Actions.
Is Central Admin the correct location where I'm suppose to activate the feature from?
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2008 at 8:27 PM
You should see the feature at the site collection level:
From the root of the Site Collection -> Site Actions -> View all Site Settings -> Site Collection Administration -> Site collection features -> Network File Store

You can also find it from Central Admin, but it does not need be activated there. Activating it there will just make the feature available within Central Admin.
Nov 21, 2008 at 9:59 PM
I feel so dumb. :^)
Thank you both.
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2008 at 5:18 PM
Glad it worked for you :-)

Happy Podcasting.