This project is read-only.

Problem with rendering video

Nov 14, 2008 at 9:31 AM
I have made an PKS installation in the root site of the server successfully. I am able to upload audio and video files and play the same when i browse the site within the server where i configured PKS but at the same time when i try to browse the same site from my desktop, in the podcastdetails page instead of silverlight player i got a button "Install Silverlight" and then i installed the Silverlight in my desktop by clicking the "Install Silverlight" button.

After silverlight installation in my desktop, i have closed the browser window and started a fresh session and in the new session silverlight player appears in the podcastdetails page but when i click on the play button, nothing happens. I tried from my nearby desktop's (around 10 PC's) also but no result. It is working fine when i browse the site within the server.

Please advice me to fix this issue.
Nov 14, 2008 at 5:50 PM

What is the exact version of the client browsers and exact version of Silverlight 2 RTW installed on the client computers.

Thanks,-a

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:25 AM
I have tested it in the desktops which has IE 7.0 & SilverLight 2.0 beta and IE 6.0 & SilverLight 2.0 beta but none of them is rendering the video files but in the server where it is working fine is having IE 7.0 & SilverLight 2.0 beta combination.
Nov 17, 2008 at 12:42 PM
Can you install Silverlight 2 RTM instead of SilverLight 2.0 beta, you shall find the install link in Read First-Quick Installation and Configuration.docx
Nov 17, 2008 at 12:51 PM
Edited Nov 17, 2008 at 12:53 PM
Already i have followed the instruction for PKS setup from Read First-Quick Installation and Configuration.docx and installed

1) Sliverlight 2.0 SDK from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8d933343-038f-499c-986c-c3c7e87a60b3&DisplayLang=en
2) Silverlight 2.0 from http://silverlight.net/GetStarted/

Nov 18, 2008 at 8:39 PM
The client computers all need to have Silverlight 2 RTW installed, the second link. It works on the server because you installed the Silverlight 2 RTW. Based on you post the client machines are still running Silverlight 2 Beta.

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:09 AM
In my desktop audio & video files are blocked. Will this have any impact on playing audio & video files using silverlight?
Nov 22, 2008 at 6:00 PM
How is the policy set that blocks media on the desktops?

If you browse to this page (http://silverlight.net/learn/learnvideo.aspx?video=57016) does the video play?

Also can you temporally disable the policy on a client machine to test your assumption?

Thanks,
-a

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:03 PM
Edited Nov 25, 2008 at 5:04 PM
Thanks awinders. It is working fine when i disable the policy in the client machine.

We have both internet and intranet access to the PKS application and everything works fine in the intranet. If i access the application through internet, it shows all the podcasts available but when i click on a particular podcast, got the error below

The page cannot be displayed

Explanation: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Try the following:

• Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.
  • Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
  • Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link.

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The request was rejected by the HTTP filter. Contact the server administrator. (12217)

Please suggest me a solution.
Nov 27, 2008 at 2:49 PM
HTTP filter issue has been resolved by making some changes in ISA server but right now i am getting an error (An unexpected error has occured) in the podcast detail page while accessing through the internet. The issue is because of web parts like podcasts & Content rating Review Results. Could you please suggest an work around for this issue?
Nov 27, 2008 at 5:22 PM
Check this thread as I think you are hitting the exact same bug. http://www.codeplex.com/pks/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=40852