This project is read-only.

Problem with Left Navigation Items

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:09 PM
Hi
I created a new site column (Video type; entertainment, fun etc.) and added it to PKS Podcasts list.
Then I added the column name to Left Navigation Items list and defined "Navigation Type" as category.
Then I wasn't able to open my home page. The site tried to be loaded and then asked username and password. Probably it stuck in a loop.
I changed the master page and then deleted the last item and the site came back.
I thought that the problem can be related to Display Order but I don't have any evidence to prove that :)

Did anybody tried such a thing before?
Nov 13, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Make sure you add 'Video type" into the PKS Site Content Types (Podcasting Kit for SharePoint > Site Settings > Site Content Type Gallery > Site Content Type)

Verify is a column in the PKS Podcasts List

Verify in Left Navigation List it's a category not a series.

Thanks,
-a

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:02 PM
The repro steps look exactly simillar for a bug in September release, we were able to repro this bug on September release bits. 
In case you have September release I would advice you to install the latest PKS October beta release as this bug is fixed in here.
Nov 18, 2008 at 8:45 PM
Hi Ahmethakan - Were you able to add video type?
Nov 19, 2008 at 7:01 AM
Hi
Actually I added but then I coudn't reached the hoem page and then I removed it from navigation.
Nov 22, 2008 at 5:48 PM
Hmm, if you are using the September build I suggest you upgrade to October as it fixes the left navigation. Based on the information you provided I was able to add video type and the left nav, home page, and upload all worked.

Thanks,
-a