Event Log errors regarding ratings

Oct 1, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Hi,

I upload a podcast, browse the "Edit Podcast" link. I get a pop up saying something like "Unable to retrieve configuration settings".

Looking in Event Logs I also see:

Unable to retrieve configuration settings. Error msg: The given key was not present in the dictionary. Stack trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.Utility.<>c__DisplayClass1.<get_ConfigCacheTimeout>b__0()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.Utility.get_ConfigCacheTimeout()

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.EntityConfigs.GetConfigurationXml(String configurationName, String webId)

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.EntityConfigs.GetConfigXml(String configurationId, Boolean isListId)

at Microsoft.MSIT.Ratings.Web.WebService.EntityConfigs.ProcessGetRequest()

Does anyone have any pointers please??

thanks,

KS

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I have done exactly as described in the installation (for subsite) guide and I cannot get a video to upload to the uploads folder and media encoder keeps failing:

[10/3/2012 4:34:09 PM] Setting up file system monitor...
[10/3/2012 4:34:10 PM] Error[LoadExternalStores]: No configuration values found

Somebody... anybody... give me something!

Also, the link to the podcast, belo the thumbnail link looks like this:

http://myserver/mysubsite/pages/4396b57f-d28d-46db-975b-04a95de91b18/e720b3ab-83b0-417b-82ce-4098647acbfdclipcanvas_14348_WMV_320x180.wmv?=&mode=Play-Download

Which goes nowhere!

thanks,

KS