Error loading and running event receiver UpdateDurationThumbnailHandler.UpdateDurationThumbnailHandler

Nov 10, 2008 at 2:41 PM

After I click "Ok" to upload my first video, I get a blank page. The server Application logs say this (event id 6875):

Error loading and running event receiver UpdateDurationThumbnailHandler.UpdateDurationThumbnailHandler in PKS.UpdateDurationThumbnailHandler,Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3a737f14c332a521. Additional information is below.

: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The SharePoint logs offers this additional information:

Error loading and running event receiver UpdateDurationThumbnailHandler.UpdateDurationThumbnailHandler in PKS.UpdateDurationThumbnailHandler,Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3a737f14c332a521. Additional information is below.  : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

An SPRequest object was not disposed before the end of this thread.  To avoid wasting system resources, dispose of this object or its parent (such as an SPSite or SPWeb) as soon as you are done using it.  This object will now be disposed.  Allocation Id: {A3370F44-080E-494F-A578-E37365E1AFA4}  To determine where this object was allocated, create a registry key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\HeapSettings.  Then create a new DWORD named SPRequestStackTrace with the value 1 under this key. 

An SPRequest object was not disposed before the end of this thread.  To avoid wasting system resources, dispose of this object or its parent (such as an SPSite or SPWeb) as soon as you are done using it.  This object will now be disposed.  Allocation Id: {13C7F345-CB09-4B89-AF48-961A90BCC04E}  To determine where this object was allocated, create a registry key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\HeapSettings.  Then create a new DWORD named SPRequestStackTrace with the value 1 under this key. 

Any advice?

Nov 10, 2008 at 3:01 PM
In case this sheds some light: the page reporting.aspx correctly indicates that something has been uploaded.But pkshomepage.aspx doesn't show anything.
Nov 10, 2008 at 3:47 PM
More light:

- the video is correctly loaded on the server side
- I didn't indicate a path for the thumbnail. Not thumbnail.jpg file has been geenrated on the server
- there's an item under /sites/pks/pks podcasts. The file "podcast files" correctly leads to the video
- the field FileUrl contains this value: /_layouts/MSIT.CustomPages/Download.aspx?csId=%257bc6782ec2-44a3-4e1d-8d7c-4e85d1a5eb87%257d%2540%257bc116966c-e13d-4067-81ed-7e66a06afbfc%257d&id=2&action=view 
- when I cc and past this url to my browser, I get this error message (in red):
Error: The Web Id/List Id provided via the query string parameter 'CsId' is incorrect or does not exist

(btw, I wonder if it should be /_layouts or something like  /sites/pks/_layouts... either way, these 2 return some weird errors so I don't know)