This project is read-only.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Expression.Encoder, Version=2.0.1406.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Nov 9, 2008 at 2:31 PM
Hi
I installed PKS to a 2008 server
And now when I upload a video thumbnail image cannot be generated.
When I look at the encoder service logs I see this error

[11/9/2008 4:13:43 PM] Error[fileSystemWatcher_Created]: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Expression.Encoder, Version=2.0.1406.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
StackTrace:
   at MediaEncoderService.Recode.Thumbnail(String mediaPath, String outputPath, TimeSpan& duration)
   at MediaEncoderService.MediaEncoderService.ActOnNewFile(String fullPath)

I already installed Expression encoder to the server.
Any idea about the problem?
Nov 10, 2008 at 1:37 PM
By the way I copied dll files to GAC but nothing changed :(
Nov 12, 2008 at 11:22 PM
Can you verify that Windows Server 2008 Desktop Experience feature is installed?
Nov 13, 2008 at 8:45 AM
Yes it has been installed
But encoder service still gives an error
Nov 13, 2008 at 9:17 PM

Two things try, verify the version of the *.dll is 2.0.1406.0.

Try to uninstall and reinstall Expressions Encoder 2, for some reason this may be install related as under normal conditions files do not need to be manually added to the GAC.

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:43 PM
I chechked them and the were fine.

By the way I realised that when I run the MediaEncoderService.msi file under the binaries folder it works fine.
But if I open the solution folder and build it and run MediaEncoderService.msi it gives that error
Nov 14, 2008 at 5:46 PM
To verify, using the MediaEncoder.msi solves the problem?

Does it give you a build error when you try to compile the code, or after you compile and install it just doesn't work?

Thanks,
-a
Nov 17, 2008 at 7:26 AM
Yes, MediaEncoder.msi  solves the problem. But I need to use de solution because I'll develop the service a little bit.

When I build the solution it does not give any error. but when I install and configure it it gives the "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Expression.Encoder" error :(
Nov 18, 2008 at 8:32 PM
To verify, even before you make the code changes to the MediaEncoder simply by completing a build you are faced with this problem.

If so I will verify and include updated code in the November release.

Thanks,
-a