Upgrade issues

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:17 PM
I am trying to upgrade to the Oct. release and am having a few issues.  Everything seems to run smoothly except that none of the PKS pages seem to work.  When I go look at the properties of the pages it has the content type set as page, and has no page layout associated with them.  In fact, it does not even have the option to associate them with a page layout.  I tried changing the content type to a welcome page and it still does not let me select a page layout for the pages.  What am I doing wrong?
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2008 at 9:44 PM
Hi jtrigger,

It appears as if the new pages were not added correctly as part of the upgrade, can you verify a couple of items?

-> Did you manually delete the \pages document library and delete the master pages and page layouts using SharePoint designer prior to the upgrade.

-> Can you quickly verify the steps you performed during the uninstall and install.

Thanks,
-a
Nov 5, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Yes, I deleted the files using SPD as per the instructions.  I was very careful to follow the instructions exactly.  That is why I am so confused.  I did notice that in the ssm log for the install it failed on the subsite package deployment saying a file already existed.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times now and it keeps doing the same thing.

Thanks,

Jim

Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 2:45 PM
To: jtrigger100@msn.com
Subject: Re: Upgrade issues [pks:39274]

Hi jtrigger,

It appears as if the new pages were not added correctly as part of the upgrade, can you verify a couple of items?

-> Did you manually delete the \pages document library and delete the master pages and page layouts using SharePoint designer prior to the upgrade.

-> Can you quickly verify the steps you performed during the uninstall and install.

Thanks,
-a

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (pks@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email pks@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2008 at 10:26 PM
Can you post the SSM log for the uninstall and the install?

Thanks,
-a
Nov 12, 2008 at 10:38 PM
Well I tried a fresh install in a different environment and I have the same issue.  No error in the ssm install log this time, but same issue with the layout pages.  Not only that but I have discovered that the install does not place several needed entries in the web.config.  When is the Nov release coming out, and will it fix these issues?
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Issue Summary:

In the October release the 8 core PKS pages are not associated with a default page layout; they are ghosted to the PKSContentLayoutPages.aspx page layout. This means that each page cannot be individually re-associated to unique page layouts.

Work around(s):

1.       Edit the PKSContentLayoutPages.aspx layout to reflect the desired design changes and perform an iisrest. The 8 core PKS pages will reflect the new layouts.

2.       Export the desired web parts from each of the existing core PKS pages, create new pages and import the web parts. This process will essentially manually re-create each of the core pages allowing unique layouts to be associated to each page.

Resolution:

An issue has been created and this may be addressed in future releases.   [workitem:6598]