Problem with UpgradeCoAuthorIds.exe

Nov 4, 2008 at 5:54 AM
Edited Nov 4, 2008 at 6:17 AM
Hi
I'm trying to upgrade my PKS from september release to october release (I previously upgraded october release from august release)
At the 12th step documentation says

1.       Run UpgradeCoAuthorIds.exe from PKS Binaries folder.

a.       Enter url of root site collection

i.      Example : http://pksdemo3

When I try to do this it first says that "Found PKS Podcasts List..."
Then it gives an error "error: Object referance not set to an instance of an object."

And now thumbnails are not working either
When I look at the logs I see this;

Error loading and running event receiver UpdateDurationThumbnailHandler.UpdateDurationThumbnailHandler in PKS.UpdateDurationThumbnailHandler,Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3a737f14c332a521. Additional information is below.

: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

What can I do to fix this problem?
What is UpgradeCoAuthorIds.exe doing?

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2008 at 5:23 PM

The UpgradeCoAuthorIds.exe is creating an ID for each of the podcasts Co-Authors. In the October release the Co-Authors web part was updated to be based on ID rather than name. This change allows multiple co-authors to be displayed as well as the change is consistent with the way Authors and AuthorID was implemented.

If you look at your PKS Podcasts document library, do you see a column called CoAuthorID and if so do you see any values for podcasts that have co-authors? (for example  ,18,17,) If you do, the UpgradeCoAuthorIds.exe executed successfully regardless of the error. However we will continue to look into the error.

As far as the media encoder service, try adjusting the MediaEncoder.ConfigInterval from 60000 to 3600000.

Thanks,

-a

Nov 4, 2008 at 10:11 PM
Hi
I had a similar error message with the entries in the list without any Co-Authors, so I thought that it was related to that.
regards
/L
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2008 at 9:10 PM
Hi,

Did adjusting the MediaEncoder.ConfigInterval solve the thumbnail problem?

Also we have verified the error relating to UpgradeCoAuthorIds.exe  and will be releasing a patch in the next week or so.

Thanks,

-a