September Beta

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:27 PM
Edited Oct 29, 2008 at 4:29 PM
hello everybody,
    Changing experiences, someone sucesfuly istalled september beta?
    I was installing this version, and when i found the step "test media encoder", I got a problem.
following closely the steps, the media encoder service worked. I tryed to upload a video, and it worked. It uploaded sucessfuly, generated the time and size of the file.
When I tryed to see the video, the silverlight web part openned the player, but don't played the video.
    I clicked on the button to re-encode the video, and after a long time, the video created a thumbnail to show in the inicial page. But i kept with the same problem. The player appeared, and do not showed the video.
Someone stopped in this same step?
    I started to install the PKS without another version installed. My Machine: (I'm using in a virtual machine)
Processor - 1.8gh
ram - 2gb
hd - 80
    The structure:
    Windows server 2003
    Sharepoint 2007,
    WSS latest version,
    sql server 2005,
    sps designer,
    visual studio,
    grava
    PKS pre-requisites (Silverlight 2.0 and SDK, WME 9 series, framework 3.0, services pack, etc...)

I will try to install again this version, following closely (again) the steps.
Someone had this problems with the installation of september beta?
Thank you,

Regards,
Pablo
Oct 29, 2008 at 4:52 PM
Does someone have a file with a step by step or another thing to help me to install?
Our a sugestion?
Thank you again,

Regards,
Pablo
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2008 at 5:30 PM
Can you check the MediaEncoder log? in c:\program files\pks\mediaencoder.
Have you also installed Expression Encoder 2.0?
Finally it could be due to an incompatibility between the Silverlight beta 2 and RTW versions. If that's the case then the october release should solve it.
If nothing works then any chance you could share the file somewhere for us to try to reproduce?
Oct 29, 2008 at 6:08 PM
Ludovic, I believe that is the problem, cause a folder, inside the C:\UploadFiles was sucesfuly created, and the video and thumbnail was generated. I could also saw the video inside the folder, but couldn't using PKS.
If is it the problem, do we have a precision day that october release will be launched for me to download?
I will install again the september beta one more time before the october, following the steps carefuly. I believe i'll stop in the same problem, and will send you files and screens about the errors.
Thanks for your fast reply.

Regards,
Pablo