Taking content with you

Oct 27, 2008 at 10:06 AM
I am trying to understand what capabilities are provided (from a user perspective) for seamlessly downloading content to an iPod (or other MP3 player).  

I reviewed the documentation for the September release and reviewed the discussion forums and there isn't much specific information (that I can find), aside from these statements:

• Get automatic podcast updates by subscribing to RSS feeds fully compatible with Zune and other podcasting devices
    • Simple RSS feed based on a defined podcast series
    • Simple RSS feed based on a person
    • Dynamic RSS feed based on search results (will be implemented later in 2009)

And in the August Tech Preview release notes:
    2.       A new “Add to Zune” icon and link, allowing a one click integration experience between PKS/MOSS and Zune

Can someone comment --
    1- is it possible to subscribe to a video or audio podcast using the iTunes (or zune) client software - copying/pasting the URL of the podcast into the software?
    2- does the "add to zune" icon mentioned above also support non-zune devices?  If not, how can the user get a single podcast onto their portable device?
    3- are there any limitations or quirks from a user perspective about subscribing or downloading content to ipods?

Thanks - we don't have many zunes in the company...!