This project is read-only.

Installation finished!

Oct 3, 2008 at 6:38 PM
I've finished the august installation!
    However, I curious about some actions. I've finished the installing process. I can access the Podcast details page, I can see the information about a user. I can post, and can rate too. However, I can't post files. When I enter in Upload Podcast, I have a list with many fields to fill. But no one of them is a "browse" for vídeos. So the post was sucessfuly created, but without a vídeo. This post can be accessed, commented, rated, but can't show a Video or audio file.

It happen cause it is a beta version? Or it should be worked?
Please someone answer this question, I'm curious and anxiously to do it work!

Oct 3, 2008 at 6:56 PM
Check your silverlight 2.0 deployment: page 8 and 9 of the deployment doc
- the web.config update
- the MIME type
- the install of the Silverlight SDK and copy of the dll to the windows assembly
- select silverlight upload in your podcast list settings
- do iisreset
Oct 6, 2008 at 4:31 PM
I Checked, and I looked that the column Podcast Files wasn't exist.
I Deleted and created a new podcast list, And it worked.
Now, I can post videos and sounds.

However, When I upload a video and click OK button, the process sayd that the video was uploaded sucessfuly. But when I try to see the video, it wasn't worked.

But was incredible when I Saw the Silverlight working in podcast. Thank you ludovic.
But, after following these steps again, I keep with the problem that I can't see a video.
Do you have any idea?

Thank you;

Oct 6, 2008 at 6:33 PM
The following message appear where the video should show:

Please select a media source for this control.

Oct 7, 2008 at 1:09 AM
Could you check the podcastdetail.aspx page has been configured properly following the documented steps? Especially the addition of the keyword "mp" in the silverlight webpart... and the the rest.
Oct 7, 2008 at 12:23 PM
The another fields, "Medial Source"; Placeholder Source"; Don't need to be fill?
They are blank at my site.
I'am actually verifing if all the podcastdetail page was correct build.

The part of "Query String = mp" is right. I'm checking the another things.
Uoo I Need to do that work ;D
Oct 7, 2008 at 7:34 PM
Ludovic, all the podcastdetail page settings was sucessfuly verified. There was no problems found.

But I saw something interesting.
When I posted the Video, a folder in "C:\Upload Files" was created. Inside this folder, I found the video.
Looking into settings of the PKS list > setting of a specific posted video, I saw that the link of the vídeo were with a wrong URL (I discovered that trying to access the video by the link of the settings).
I don't did the step "Silverlight Media Player Skins", at the page 10. Can it cause a problem?

Thank you again;
Oct 7, 2008 at 11:41 PM
This seems to be an issue with the PodcastFile column settings and the way the network file system is setup. The skin would not change this.
Please check page 10 of the document: the External File Store section.
Oct 9, 2008 at 3:03 PM
Ludovic, thank you for help.
I will try to install the September beta, using again the step-by-step.

I'm trying to do PKS works first in a Virtual Machine. I'm anxiously to do it work.
If I found a problem at this installaction, I will post and try to solute.
I think that the problem happenned at Expression encoder or  something in  Podcastdetailpage.
I will try to install the september beta and i'll give a feedback.

Thanks again,