Install PKS not at root site level

Sep 9, 2008 at 11:12 AM
Does anyone know how I can install PKS onto a site that is not at the root?
The install guide explains how to install PKS on Http://pksdemo3 but how would can we install this on Http://pksdemo3/schools/myschool/schooltube  for example?
We have a sharepoint portal that contains several schools. I only want this enabled on one of the school sites, therefore I want it installed further down the tree?
Does anyone know how to do this? or whether indeed it is possible?

Thanks
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2008 at 2:35 PM
Edited Sep 9, 2008 at 2:44 PM
Hi Matt, we are a aware of some bugs that would prevent to install PKS in a sub-site at the moment and are working on fixing them for the September release.
We also found a few workarounds for the August Tech Preview, I've asked the team to discuss them on this thread.
Sep 10, 2008 at 8:57 AM
Thanks Ludovicf, I look forward to the sept release, but also to hearing about these workarounds.
The product looks really good and will make a really big impact on education users as we can display student podcasts and provide a resource for staff to stream videos locally without hitting the external link bandwidth.
Sep 10, 2008 at 3:35 PM
Hey there Ludo,

Can you add a second request for this feature to be added (or bugs to be fixed).

Cheers,

David.
Developer
Sep 10, 2008 at 10:43 PM
Well I do know of a workaround or two that might get you most of the way there at least.

The CBQ web parts have been pre-configured to the root of the site (for good or ill).  

If you export the current web parts that have the error asking you to use SharePoint Designer to troubleshoot and update the values in MainXslLink and ItemXslLink to start with /schools/myschool/schooltube you would probably see things a bit better.
Sep 11, 2008 at 10:39 AM
You can add me as a  third  request for this to be resolved!