Several documentation errors

Sep 3, 2008 at 11:20 PM
Hello,

I found several documentation errors I would like to submit as it will perhaps alleviate some of the
frustration it takes to install this thing.  Is the sharepoint dev team on crack? It's Windows for God's sake
and on top of that it's 2008! Whatever happen to 1,2,3 installations?  Feels like Linux + PHP for a sec..

Coordinator
Sep 4, 2008 at 12:14 AM
Hi emailandthings. We are welcoming your feedback with regard to the deployment experience. We have over the last tech previews worked on improving the experience and recognize there is still a lot of work in that space. Some operations need to be optimized or simply removed, and others could be automated.
Please feel free to open new documentation related issues in the "Issue Tracker" tab. The team will look into your suggestions and guidance to improve the next releases.
I want to point out that the Microsoft SharePoint dev team isn't involved in PKS, it is delivered by a readiness team called Academy who first developed PKS for Microsoft internal purposes.
That's why, like most open-source project owners (you said Linux and PHP? :)), we are excited when individuals like you appear in the community and are willing to help make PKS better.

Regards.
Sep 4, 2008 at 6:13 PM
Hi ludovicf,

I am even thinking of making a video for this installation because let me tell you, for "some" especial kind of people it may be cool
to manipulate XML files, click and double click here and there to find sharepoint lists, and run stsadm.exe (some
may even feel excited about it), but it's so damn counter productive and so not "Windows".   Let's face it, we have chosen Microsoft Windows
to avoid this Linux kind of experience to install modules.

I will submit it to this discussion for approval...

ps: I went over the 20 page installation and I still cant' get the images to show... <sigh>