aug 2008 tech 12page

Sep 3, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Configuring the Podcast List

The podcast list created during installation, “PKS Podcasts”, needs to have the Rating component enabled, the column “Podcast Files” configured and the appropriate edit permission set.

1.       In the list settings for the PKS Podcasts list, click the Ratings link in the “Communication” section.

2.       Check Enable Rating for this List and then Save & Exit.

3.       Go back to the settings for the PKS Podcasts list, click Podcast Files in the Columns section.

4.       Enter the following information, based on how you configured the External Files Store in the step above:

a.       Upload Location URI represents the server side access for the External File Store.

i. Example:  C:\UploadFiles

b.      IIS Base URL represents the client side access for the External File Store.

i. Example:  http://pksdemo3/UploadFiles/

c.       UploadMethod represents the type of file uploader to be used with the podcast. Choose either HttpPost upload or Silverlight upload. Don’t worry if you’re unsure about which to use, as you can change it in the future. Silverlight is recommended.

5.       Set Filename Max Length. E.g.75

6.       Click OK

7.       In the General Settings, Advanced Settings, change the Edit Access to “only their own”

8.       Click OK.

In the list settings for the PKS Podcasts list, click the Ratings

where is Ratings?
 please help me

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2008 at 11:53 AM
Hi linkinpark- the Rating feature will be found from the "List Settings" of the PKS Podcast custom list.
Open the PKS Podcast list, and in the "Settings" menu select "List Settings". You will be directed to the list settings page, on top of which you should see the Rating link.
Sep 3, 2008 at 11:28 PM
I must be totally blind, where is this "PKS Podcast custom list"??
the only list I have is "Content Rating Store Configuration Settings"

I need more than Linkin Park Music to get this going... AC/DC any0ne?
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2008 at 6:52 PM
Are you looking into the Central Administration (usually on a specific port) site or your deployed web site (usually on port 80). The Content Rating Store Configuration Settings list is in the Central Administration, while the PKS Podcast list is on your deployed site.