This project is read-only.

Problems Adding Navagation Items to the WEB.Config

Jul 30, 2008 at 9:03 PM
Hello

I have installed the july beta successfully with the exception of adding the navigation items of the web.config. Once I add the following two lines I can't access anything on the site until they are removed

<add name="SpLeftNavigationProvider" type="PKS.Sharepoint.Navigation.SpLeftNavigationProvider, PKS.Sharepoint.Navigation, Version=1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3a737f14c332a521" siteMapList="PKS Left Navigation Items" isMobileView="false"/>

<add name="PKSNavigationProviderMobile" type="PKS.Sharepoint.Navigation.SpLeftNavigationProvider, PKS.Sharepoint.Navigation, Version=1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3a737f14c332a521" siteMapList="PKS Left Navigation Items" isMobileView="true"/>

Any ideas

Jul 31, 2008 at 1:41 AM
kccorb,

Can you describe the symptom in more detail?  Are you able to see content, but receive an error when viewing the podcast details?  Or do you receive an error when trying to download the podcast / content?  Or is it a matter of not seeing content at all?  Please provide a screenshot if you can.

Thanks,
Jul 31, 2008 at 7:47 PM
Once the above lines are added to the web config. I'm unable to access any page (podcast or default) on the sharepoint site. I receive the following error

Error

An unexpected error has occurred.

Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services

Aug 1, 2008 at 7:52 AM
We discovered these lines of code have typos in the documentation.  Thank you for making us aware of this issue.  Below are the correct lines of code that should be used:

<add name="SpLeftNavigationProvider" type="PKS.Sharepoint.Navigation.SpLeftNavigationProvider, PKS.Sharepoint.Navigation, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3a737f14c332a521" siteMapList="PKS Left Navigation Items" isMobileView="false"/>

<add name="PKSNavigationProviderMobile" type="PKS.Sharepoint.Navigation.SpLeftNavigationProvider, PKS.Sharepoint.Navigation, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3a737f14c332a521" siteMapList="PKS Left Navigation Items" isMobileView="true"/>

You'll notice the version should be 1.5.0.0
Aug 4, 2008 at 10:54 PM
Its working now.

Thanks