This project is read-only.

Tell a story: assemble podcasts together in a wiki type environment

Jun 3, 2008 at 1:56 AM
Discuss, vote, and comment on this feature idea.
Jun 17, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Assembling podcasts into user-specified groups  is something a lot of the other networks are starting to consider, and it's something I think is incredibly powerful.

For example, I use a couple of external podcast hosts for some of my (music) podcasts: BT Podshow (recently changed name to Mevio) and Libsyn.  Mevio offers me the ability to create a Channel of RSS feeds, which means I can subscribe to only one feed and get all the content I chose. Yahoo pipes and xfruits do the same thing. I've used all three in various projects I'm involved in.

Going forward with PKS I can see the need for user-generated RSS feeds, which are aggregates of different podcasts. Consider, from an HR perspective, a series of podcasts being aggregated together as a training course.   I'd like to see a facility inside PKS to do this.

Pete

Jul 2, 2008 at 11:19 AM
I want to know the pre requisite enviornment for installing the PKS on mobile.

What are the softwares required for the mobile to support PKS?
What are the hardware required?
Is it platform independent?
Does Mac or Unix support the PKS?
What is the RAM required?
Does it support only windows?
Jul 10, 2008 at 10:09 PM
Pawankujur,

Sorry for the delayed response, I'll get some solid answers from our devs soon.
Jul 16, 2008 at 10:04 PM
Hi Pawankujur,

Initally I can answer right now that PKS is platform dependent on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 in a Windows environment.  MAC and Unix are not compatible.  Depending on how PKS will be deployed, I would recommend bare minimum 4GB of RAM and at least a dual core 3ghz processor.  I could get some more details regarding RAM and hardware if necessary.

Chevas